Fett Thumb - cure?

drache

Active Hunter
You've probably all experienced it - the numb-thumbs that can last a while after a troop - caused by the edge of the gauntlet opening pressing against your thumb/wrist area.

I'm going to try some wrist protectors under my gloves, but I was wondering if anyone's tired / come up with a solution.

My last troop I put my weight lifting wrist wraps on loosely....it did help but it got pretty hot..not sure if it was a good alternative lol.

Would be interested to discover a tip to limit the effects. The feeling eventually comes back .....eventually lol

I've only done one troop so far, but I have my gauntlets padded with foam top and bottom. I didn't have this issue. I use 4 elastic straps for each gauntlet so that I can stretch it on over my hand instead of using the hinge like many people do.

I get it from holding the EE-3 the way I do. Last con I did I trooped for a total of about 12-13 in kit. It took about 3 weeks to get all of the feeling back in my right thumb. lol

fettwrist.jpeg

Will a foam liner inside the guants help there? I glued on some 1/4inch foam liner inside my gauntlets and works like a charm. Keeps the hard edge away from your wrist and comfortable too.

Thanks guys.
I'm going to try a few experiments with some foam and some wrist wraps that go around the thumb and can fit under my glove. I'll post some results .
get it from holding the EE-3 the way I do. Last con I did I trooped for a total of about 12-13 in kit. It took about 3 weeks to get all of the feeling back in my right thumb. lol
I'm feeling that right now - did about 6 hours last weekend and I'm still numb - long term that's not good.

Thanks guys.
I'm going to try a few experiments with some foam and some wrist wraps that go around the thumb and can fit under my glove. I'll post some results .

I'm feeling that right now - did about 6 hours last weekend and I'm still numb - long term that's not good.
Tell me that's not 6 hours for one troop!!! I did my first "zero-th" (pre-approval) Fett troop last weekend and made it about an hour and a half before I was like "GET THIS CRAP OFF ME!!!"

This was my second troop in it, and all around, it's pretty comfortable. You don't even notice the fett thumb until you take it off. Still feeling it - 5 days and counting.

I need to build up some muscles for sure. Once I get approved and start wearing it every weekend I'm hoping my shoulder and back muscles will get stronger.

Nah, that soreness never goes away haha. The armor and jetpack just wears on you. If I'm moving around it's ok, standing still for long photo ops is what kills me - and my thumbs to keep this on topic.

I've got metal gaunts so I'm in the same boat. I don't lose feeling but I feel like I'm always trying to slide the gauntlets up to keep them from pressing on the tops of my thumbs. Holding the blaster doesn't help since it opens up your had more and puts more pressure right where the gauntlet sits. I don't know if padding on the edge is the best option but perhaps more padding on the inside so the gauntlet sits just a little higher on your arm and stays snug.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back