Feeling Discouraged

BurqueDave

Active Hunter
Does anyone else have issues with their Jango kit breaking everytime you troop?

Just today I've had my range finder break so it wont stay up,
my leather belt come apart and my jetpack hanging down to my bum cause I cant get a handler to get it setup correctly.

I'm seriously considering moving away from Jango at this point

Can anyone give me ideas before I part of what's salvageable and leave?

I have been trooping Jango for almost 7 years now. I have to make some adjustments and fixes sometimes but not after every troop. I think I would take a look at how you have things set up, how you are transporting it and how you are storing it. The range finder should be an easy fix. Just put it into a fixed upright position. There really isn't any reason for it to go up and down on a troop. As far a the jet pack goes make the straps as short as you can deal with and teach people how to adjust it. Early on I had problems with my pack slipping down but not now. It might choke me but it isn't going to slip down my back.

Gotta remember that these costumes are replicas of a costume that was literally designed to survive filming, and ONLY that. Trooping conditions are not conducive to a long-prop life for the nature of Jango/Boba costumes. There's quite literally hundreds of things that can go wrong simply by walking, let alone standing. That being said, you need to evaluate just how your personal suit is built. It does take a degree of experience, but the great thing about the internet, and this site, is that you can see the many possible ways of how things are assembled/put together.

As Mullreel said, the rangefinder should be a simple fix, but I'm not sure what kind of helmet you have or more details of what's going on.
For your leather belt, which belt and what is coming apart?

And for your jetpack, you need to take a day or two to really sit down, figure out what about your strapping system is making things difficult. Perhaps you need to get a new jetpack harness. I know I developed my girlfriend's system such that the Jetpack harness straps are set precisely where they need to be when ever she puts it on. The straps/buckles for the jetpack itself is fixed, so it's completely dependent on the jetpack harness straps to stay in one spot. Sometimes you have to make things simplistic since, as you said, you have to rely on a handler to help you get dressed. My snowtrooper chest/backpack strapping is stupid-proof, even if a person manages to put my pack on upside down, it won't work right. I did this intentionally and sure enough, I have almost no issues with handlers helping me get dressed, without ever even seeing a snowtrooper in person before.

So, take your time man. Just sit down and figure it out. Prop/costume building is all really about problem solving, at least that's how I see it. If you let it get in your head then you're not going to progress forward positively.

I've dropped my armor a few times while trying to attach them to my vest, chipping my cold casts, and leaving some small minor fractures. Nothing some Special T super glue can't fix and a touch up with some silver leaf. I'm not even completely done yet and I've already had to make some touch ups. I am definitely taking my time with this build and not trying to do a budget style costume, as I want it to last as long as Mullreel's. I am almost finished with my leather belt and this thing feels solid! My main reason to troop is to do some charity work... so if I have to make some updates and have to correct it all the time, then I'm definitely trooping appropriately. At least that's how I'm going to look at it. Find your purpose and hopefully that motivates you.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back