APPROVED! Evan1701's ESB Boba Fett WIP (BH-81989)

Looks great to me!

I just got my knee darts and studs and I am looking at painting them too. Is there a specific red that should be used for the single stud top and the knee dart?

Last edited:
Loojs great to me!

I just got my knee darts and studs and I am looking at painting them too. Is there a specific red that should be used for the single stud top and the knee dart?
I was planning on using red 60 (Humbrol color). It seems like the most "basic red" to use out of my menagerie of colors I've collected.

Ton of work this past week! I'm happy to say my armor is all finished.

Finished up the knees and shoulders last week soon after my previous post. Very happy with how they turned out.

esDmvyXl.jpg

Then, I drilled out the holes for the darts (here is the test fit)

d51nxXZl.jpg

Painted and installed:

aDwWY5Yl.jpg

xksJYSjl.jpg

Glued on the RKD backs after the darts went in, used E6000 since it needs to flex

yjFG3FOl.jpg

Then I had my own little "glue party" and installed all of the jewelry pins and snaps:

cvb5sUPl.jpg

FyClHEol.jpg

Here are the pins installed and on the flak vest:

aijXISbl.jpg

brhYrnzl.jpg

Here's how I rigged up the cod and kidney, used elastic to connect the two since I'm fond of calories and carry it all in my gut

eoRTMebl.jpg

(Boba thong squeeeeeeeeee)

M9hZmBkl.jpg

And of course, the diaper shot.

RNV9smFl.jpg

Then I installed the Wookie braids! Just used a big safety pin, poked it out of the flak vest from underneath, ran it through all 3 braids, then back in to attach. Can't see it. Should hold perfectly.

CxlgI3Zl.jpg

You all know what this is leading up to. Once I got the armor on the flak vest, I had to get suited up as far as I could and take some pictures. It's the law.

Oh..... oh HELL yeah. Ignore the funky lights, I stuffed them in there just for the pic. They did not cooperate. I also cinched the girth belt up in the back with a robe tie-up piece since I haven't strapped it up yet :lol: The braids were a little wonky as well, my wife was really not into it since I sort of put dinner on hold until after I took the pics.

RZTnl3Hl.jpg

MTBu4DNl.jpg

fEHP6aXl.jpg

8ADLVtQl.jpg

qM6YK4dl.jpg

Couple things I learned: very important to know the order to put everything on. Also, the cape did NOT want to cooperate. I don't have enough thread on the bolt for that stud, so my wife just sort of stretched it around the stud. Need to figure out a better method there.

Next on the docket is the gauntlets, which I will be finishing up this week. Then I want to weather the flightsuit, pouches, and all of my straps. Line the pouches with foam, I guess? Get the girth belt all strapped up. Get my jetpack and attach Full Metal Fett's clips and whatnot. Get my shoes and weather and attach the spikes.

It's all coming together now! April 14th is the day I plan to submit my approval pictures. I'm relying on MoW to deliver my boots on time, DVH to deliver my jetpack on time, and Stormrider to deliver my sidearm holster on time.

Much love to you all, till tomorrow. :cool:

[QUOTECouple things I learned: very important to know the order to put everything on.[/QUOTE]

This is the truth bro. I've had multiple times when I forget to put something on then having to take a good portion of the suit off. So I made a list and have to use it every time I put it on since it's way too much for me to memorize.

SHTEY'S FETT SUIT ORDER

1. Beanie

2. Put Orthodox in Boots

3. Put Batteries in Battery Pack, Blaster & Bucket

4. Attach Gaunt Tubes to Jumpsuit

5. Shin tools

6. Attach Vest Armor

7. Shoulder Sleeve

8. Put Chest Display Cord in Jumpsuit

9. Jumpsuit

10. Girth Belt (reversed)

11. Boots

12. Ankle Spats

13. Knee Armor

14. Kidney Plate

15. Cod

16. Pouches (connect cord to battery pack & adjust Girth Belt)

17. Voice Amp

18. Mic

19. Neck Seal

20. Vest (attach Chest Display cord)

21. Turn on Amp & test volume

22. Zip up Jumpsuit & Vest

23. Gloves

24. Attach Tubes to right Gaunt

25. Left Gaunt

26. Jet Pack

27. Ammo Belt

28. Bucket

29. Don’t forget Blaster

- Be menacing

This is the truth bro. I've had multiple times when I forget to put something on then having to take a good portion of the suit off. So I made a list and have to use it every time I put it on since it's way too much for me to memorize.

SHTEY'S FETT SUIT ORDER

1. Beanie

2. Put Orthodox in Boots

3. Put Batteries in Battery Pack, Blaster & Bucket

4. Attach Gaunt Tubes to Jumpsuit

5. Shin tools

6. Attach Vest Armor

7. Shoulder Sleeve

8. Put Chest Display Cord in Jumpsuit

9. Jumpsuit

10. Girth Belt (reversed)

11. Boots

12. Ankle Spats

13. Knee Armor

14. Kidney Plate

15. Cod

16. Pouches (connect cord to battery pack & adjust Girth Belt)

17. Voice Amp

18. Mic

19. Neck Seal

20. Vest (attach Chest Display cord)

21. Turn on Amp & test volume

22. Zip up Jumpsuit & Vest

23. Gloves

24. Attach Tubes to right Gaunt

25. Left Gaunt

26. Jet Pack

27. Ammo Belt

28. Bucket

29. Don’t forget Blaster

- Be menacing
I love this! I'm going to have to get creative with my amp. I plan to put it in one of my pouches and run the cord down the flightsuit. I bought a set of eyelets so I could run it out of the flightsuit and into the pouches. I also have some programmable buttons I'm going to put some sound effects on and mount them to the underside of the ammo belt pouches so I can hit them during troops. I'll have to get creative with that cord as well. And then I'll need another eyelet for the chest light battery pack, unless I can velcro it to the backside of one of my armor pieces. I'm not sure there's enough room but I'll find out soon enough!

I love this! I'm going to have to get creative with my amp. I plan to put it in one of my pouches and run the cord down the flightsuit. I bought a set of eyelets so I could run it out of the flightsuit and into the pouches. I also have some programmable buttons I'm going to put some sound effects on and mount them to the underside of the ammo belt pouches so I can hit them during troops. I'll have to get creative with that cord as well. And then I'll need another eyelet for the chest light battery pack, unless I can velcro it to the backside of one of my armor pieces. I'm not sure there's enough room but I'll find out soon enough!

What I've done w/ my amp is use the lanyard that came w/ my TK voice amp and hang it underneath my vest. My neck seal and collar armor hide the strap at my neck. Not the best solution, but it helps to have people hear me with it coming from my chest. What setup do you have for the programmable buttons?

What I've done w/ my amp is use the lanyard that came w/ my TK voice amp and hang it underneath my vest. My neck seal and collar armor hide the strap at my neck. Not the best solution, but it helps to have people hear me with it coming from my chest. What setup do you have for the programmable buttons?
Ha! That is a pretty neat idea. I got the bigger amp so I think it would be too noticeable, but the pouches are perfectly sized for it.

I use a rig that is meant to go inside of a glove. I used it for my Darth Nihilus for a good while, but I am getting ready to retire him since I'm going to be running Fett most often, and I'm going to repurpose it for Fett.

e88JtCD.jpg

Ha! That is a pretty neat idea. I got the bigger amp so I think it would be too noticeable, but the pouches are perfectly sized for it.

I use a rig that is meant to go inside of a glove. I used it for my Darth Nihilus for a good while, but I am getting ready to retire him since I'm going to be running Fett most often, and I'm going to repurpose it for Fett.

That is sick! Who'd you score that from? Fettronics?

That is sick! Who'd you score that from? Fettronics?
It's actually a cheap little rig I bought from electronics123.com.

300 second (5 minutes) USB recording module with 4 buttons (Windows 10 Compatible)

There is a Vader in my Squad who modified it to mount on his wrist under his gauntlet, it's wild. The batteries last for... well, they've lasted me for almost a year, so a long time. It comes with a little on-board speaker but it sucks, I just run an aux cord to my amp. You can plug it into your computer and program it however you want, and you can load different modules for different characters. I've thought about creating a module for my AT AT Driver as well.

It's actually a cheap little rig I bought from electronics123.com.

300 second (5 minutes) USB recording module with 4 buttons (Windows 10 Compatible)

There is a Vader in my Squad who modified it to mount on his wrist under his gauntlet, it's wild. The batteries last for... well, they've lasted me for almost a year, so a long time. It comes with a little on-board speaker but it sucks, I just run an aux cord to my amp. You can plug it into your computer and program it however you want, and you can load different modules for different characters. I've thought about creating a module for my AT AT Driver as well.

I'll be ordering that up for sure. What do you recommend in terms of audio files, bit rate as to not have the audio out be too loud or quiet?

I'll be ordering that up for sure. What do you recommend in terms of audio files, bit rate as to not have the audio out be too loud or quiet?
I typically rip the sounds I want directly from Youtube to mp3 and then load them straight on. I haven't played around with bitrate or anything like that. Since there are 4 buttons, I plan on loading it with:

1. Boba's theme (The compact version from Star Wars Battlefront)

2. Probably the EE-3 blaster sound effect (I have a huge folder of Star Wars sound effects on my computer)

3. Maybe a droid sound effect or something Bounty Hunter-esque- or Han saying "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?"

4. Everyone's favorite of course... JEDI ROCKS!

I've been learning how to speak with a New Zealand accent over the past 9 months to mimic Temeura Morrison's re-dubbed lines in the latest OT releases. My voice is naturally high pitched so I've had to add some gruffness to it as well. Once I have everything all wired up after the costume is complete, I'll be sure to take a video to show it all off :p

I typically rip the sounds I want directly from Youtube to mp3 and then load them straight on. I haven't played around with bitrate or anything like that. Since there are 4 buttons, I plan on loading it with:

1. Boba's theme (The compact version from Star Wars Battlefront)

2. Probably the EE-3 blaster sound effect (I have a huge folder of Star Wars sound effects on my computer)

3. Maybe a droid sound effect or something Bounty Hunter-esque- or Han saying "Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where?"

4. Everyone's favorite of course... JEDI ROCKS!

I've been learning how to speak with a New Zealand accent over the past 9 months to mimic Temeura Morrison's re-dubbed lines in the latest OT releases. My voice is naturally high pitched so I've had to add some gruffness to it as well. Once I have everything all wired up after the costume is complete, I'll be sure to take a video to show it all off :p

Well done, I'd go with the original lines from Jason Wingreen's voice. So much more menacing IMO. What I plan on doing is having a buddy of mine who does audio restoration pull off the original audio from the VHS copy and remaster it for some quality sound. Unless someone else has already thought of that :D

e88JtCD.jpg

How does the battery pack fit in your gauntlet? Can you take a pic of how?

How does the battery pack fit in your gauntlet? Can you take a pic of how?
You can see how big the whole thing is in my previous pic. I mounted everything on a cotton glove that I cut up, and it slips underneath the main glove. Since the Nihilus leather gloves are big and long, everything fits well underneath. For Fett I think this would be harder since the gloves are much tighter. That's why I'm going to mount the buttons underneath the ammo belt pouches.

Gauntlets are done! I busted my butt working every night this past week to get em done. I did a layered paint method on the gauntlets, I know most people hand paint the gray and silver damage over the green but I just like the look of layers better. Plus it's what I'm most comfortable with, I'm trash at hand painting. With a little 0000 steel wool you can take down the edge and make it look hand painted anyway.

Painting some of the accessories- gold for the dental expander, black for some rocket and flamethrower parts, red and blue for the calculator buttons

W0ns76il.jpg

Gray layer on the gaunts and white on the whipcord launcher

FqGoJSul.jpg

Some more accessory paint- gloss black on the whipcord launcher and some hand painting on the flamethrower bits- in retrospect I should've done the rocket in gloss black instead of matte, but it was too late. I figure I can go back and put some car wax on it to shine it up later.

NtV78Yxl.jpg

The green! Best coat of paint I think I've sprayed yet. Came out really nicely.

nzx8Zkal.jpg

Shiny!!!

9nSzr7pl.jpg

Some more hand painting- black on the gauntlet "extrusions", and more for the flamethrower and whipcord launcher

DDP37eul.jpg

I took off the masking, bolted or glued everything on after that, and then strapped it up which took foreeeeeeeever! Of course I had to test fit em after the glue was dry.

fyfCQ35l.jpg

czIZ3Cll.jpg

And the complete look!

Left gauntlet:

WuiY4WZl.jpg

mohFIOKl.jpg

Right gauntlet:

knDXPH4l.jpg

w6QkntOl.jpg

Here's a peek at how I did the strapping. I put two pieces of elastic on the inside edge to act as "hinges", and the other side is snaps for easy removal. In reality, since the straps are elastic, you can just stretch it on over your hand. Works great.

3stQaBWl.jpg

And of course the hose! For this, I went to Lowe's and bought a $5 replacement hose for a kitchen sink sprayer and a $2 3 ft coaxial cable. Cut the ends of both, pushed the coax cable into the hose, done. Easiest part of the costume by far! Once I have a chance to figure out how I'm going to attach it to the flightsuit, I'll cut the rest off and glue it on the gauntlet.

Gek0Hail.jpg

So the gauntlets are done! Just a few things left now- finishing up the sidearm holster, still need to get my jetpack from DVH, waiting for my shoes from MoW, need to weather the flightsuit, add the straps to the girth belt, put some foam in the pouches. Gonna be out of town next week, so I plan to work on all this starting next weekend. By April 14th I'll be ready for approval, good Lord willing!!!

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back