ESB Gauntlets - Hinge or no ?

Moloch

New Hunter
HeyHo,
what is the general opinion on hinges for the gauntlets ? I would like to upgrade mine with them to make them more comfortable, but I worry that the hinge part you can still see when closed is less movie accurate.

The movie accurate version is to use Velcro. Personally I prefer not to have a hinge showing but to each their own.

I'm not to the gauntlets yet, but always thought that a hinge would offer more support.

I just kinda thought that velcro only would not be as secure. Would love to hear from others that use only velcro to troop.

I've not had an issue with with velcro during my two and a half years trooping around as a Boba....
Gauntlet Velcro.jpg

I'm not an ESB expert, but I always thought that was the way ESB was - hinged. But I personally thought the hinge looked a bit off. But am now learning that the ESB was not hinged and like the ROTJ gauntlets, used velcro to seal em' up.

-Iron

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back