EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER HERO LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR LEGEND!!

For clarity's sake, the Fett helmet will indeed be a Legend edition at the very least.
As of this moment, there are no plans for a Limited edition version, but always in motion is the future. ;)
No new news on price or release date at this time, but we are definitely still moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gino!

It would be cool to see two variants one as it is now in the archives and another as we saw on screen!

Or just an ROTJ SE and an ESB version...think that would work really well. So people wont have to mollest a brand new helmet themselves to make it look like the Special Edition. I know we're asking for to much but just maybe you can make it happen....

Great to hear there is still progress, I can't wait to place my order for this beauty.

Anyone hear any updates on this? Being someone that has no painting skills what so ever, I'm really holding out for this helmet to be my end all be all Boba Fett helmet.

Its going to be a WHILE seriously if youre banking on this coming out anytime soon think again...things like this aren't done overnight

Anyone have any real news on this? Word on the street is it's going to be a non-wearable bust? Really? I've been saving for months to preorder one of these and surely this can't be so....What gives?

efx.JPG

This is the picture off of their website. At least get the picture right....It's the Fathead PP2 pic....sigh. Really thought this would at least be available to a limited few....

efx.JPG

EFX Legend Edition busts

Crap guys....just ran across this. Looks like the thing really is a no go. All that time and effort trying to perfect it, and get the paint detail right....
Maybe the mouse killed it? Non-wearable is about as good as Sideshows life size Boba effort....

I will believe it will happen when I see a painted prototype, which I don't believe will happen.

EFX Legend Edition busts

Crap guys....just ran across this. Looks like the thing really is a no go. All that time and effort trying to perfect it, and get the paint detail right....
Maybe the mouse killed it? Non-wearable is about as good as Sideshows life size Boba effort....

I will believe it will happen when I see a painted prototype, which I don't believe will happen.

Yeah, I saw that thread on SSC awhile ago.

Not long after the helmet was announced, I emailed Efx to inquire about possibly getting my name on a waiting list or something, to make sure I was able to secure a preorder. I received a reply a few days later (I don't remember who it was from, but it wasn't Gino). The reply said that they weren't ready for that, but it would be up for preorder soon. So it didn't really say anything at all, but I was happy to have made contact with them.

What we do know....

Efx was able to mold the Boba Fett ESB and make copies that they said would be fully painted and wearable for sale to the public.
ANOVOS secured the license to make wearable helmet/costume replicas at some point in the last year or so (I really don't know when they began molding/3D scanning, etc.).
Although not part of their website's lineup currently, ANOVOS has stated that they WILL be producing Boba Fett.
ANOVOS has a detailed, well-updated website that allows preorders. They had many fully assembled costumes for display at C7. It is unknown whether or not these were production samples or prototypes.
Efx has not updated, to the best of my knowledge, the status of this helmet, in any way, other than an occasional message from Gino that the project is moving forward.
Efx and our very own Art Andrews went to great lengths to acquire permission to mold the ESB Hero. This had never been done before, and probably never will be again.
The results were stunning.
The biggest selling point of this product is that it is ESB Hero.
As far as I know, this product was always intended to be a fully wearable replica, similar, but far superior to the Master Replicas helmet.

And now, to speculate....

For this project to now change gears to a (likely unwearable) bust is disturbing, for a few reasons:
1. How did they/will they acquire pieces to use for armor/soft parts? Were they able to return to the LucasFilm archives to mold/scan the additional armor pieces? Are they going to be made from fan-build kits available here? Are they partnering with ANOVOS to have access to ANOVOS's forthcoming molds/scans?
2. Considering that Efx's helmet's main selling point is that it's an ESB Hero, why would they show a PP2 helmet in the mockup? Perhaps it's just an oversight, but it's strange.

I could be totally off the mark, but what it LOOKS like is that ANOVOS has put the kibosh on the Efx's original plans for a wearable helmet. I really hope that is not the case.

I still have my fingers crossed that this project (helmet) is able to reach our hands. Any official update would be very welcome.

Word on the street is that a few unauthorized casts of the ESB hero were handed out after the mold was made and once LucasFilm found out they threw a fit and brought a halt to the production...

I might have missed it, but did Efx provide any information at C7. I have to believe they were asked numerous times about an update on one of their most popular "upcoming" pieces.

Mike

Yes, unfortunately no real update on this matter...hhhmmmmmmmmm. I do know ANOVOS is HOT on the trail however(y)

I ordered a ANOVOS suit for the intro price and what you get with it and our armorer expert grilled their rep i was happy with my purchase

If efx wants to not be left behind, they need to get this project on the front burner and start cooking. Anovos is getting all sorts of stuff out to the public, and if efx does not want to end up like master replicas, time is of the essence.

Just for the sake of clarification, Anovos hasn't actually gotten anything to the public yet. But they'll probably still beat efx, lol.

You are probably correct Matt. I know a bunch of people in my garrison ordered the TK armor. Heck, for $350 I almost did... Almost.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back