Doing a Westar scratch build

Kdogg211187

Hunter
Decided that I didn't want to troop with Rubie's and since WOF provided such amazing measurements of the Westar 34 and that my dad is a CNC machinist of almost 40 years I would try and get him involved as well.

Here is a few pics so far of the progress....

The handgrips (made from 2 half inch sintra pieces epoxyed together (I couldn't find any 1in thick stuff) with a couple screws for extra strength....
kao1MSY.jpg

After a few filler coats and some (ok LOTS) of sanding, I started beveling the edges. Nevermind the screw in the bottom, thats so I can hold it while spraying them.
IXTDO9L.jpg

My dad starting on the barrel and plasma chamber....
gak8s7w.jpg

And his start on the power adjustment knob
rMibexd.jpg

Im pretty happy so far with the progress and cant wait to see a final product. Hope it looks good to everyone here, there are a lot more knowledgeable people here on the westar 34 than I so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
SO WANT! I've been considering a set of these suckers for young Boba based off the recently released Clone Wars footage of Boba vs Cad Bane...

Haven't updated in a while. Got the handles all shaped out. Beveled edges, slots cut for trigger and counter weight, and groove for the barrel.

Having a hell of a time sanding inside the cut-outs. Just can't get in there.

IMG_20170813_154306.jpg

IMG_20170813_154243.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back