Disneyland Reconnaissance Report

clmayfield

Active Hunter
So I went to Disneyland with the fam and I was able to get some pics of the Disney ROTJ Boba Fett and the Star Wars Land in construction (admittedly, not much to see... but I got pics!).

Here is the fam with ROTJ Boba:

It was a pretty good ROTJ, but not great. I won't go into the details. I am an ESB guy myself, so I don't know the ROTJ well. The jumpsuit and flak vest were made of a weird spandexy material and was not well weathered. The shoulder bells looked oddly undersized. But I am sure for the vast majority of fans, this was a legit Boba Fett.

Here is a pic from the rear:

One thing that is surprising... I am pretty sure that Boba Fett was the only character I saw with a gun at Disney. I am surprised they allow him to carry an EE-3. I saw Black Widow and she had odd straps where her drop leg holsters should be, so they sanitized her. I guess they are right in thinking that Boba Fett doesn't look right without his EE-3. I think they let Stromtroopers carry rifles as well, come to think of it.

And now... the sneak peek of Star Wars Land:

And peeking through the cracks in the wall between Frontierland and Star Wars Land:

Obviously, they have a ways to go. I was kind of upset I didn't see a ton of construction workers hard at work. I want this thing finished ASAP!

Thanks for reading!

... The jumpsuit and flak vest were made of a weird spandexy material ....

We all know why....

giphy.gif

Nice update on Disney. I have a feeling I'm going to stay away for quite some time though. As much as I'd love to live the experience they're going to create (and you know it will be done well), there was something a little off about the model that they introduced.... ;)

20108352_1601716159849415_1564999268156584090_n.jpg

Im not an expert on any fett but I didn't think Rotj had the dark center stripe on his boots correct me if I'm wrong also i am missing theboba thong in this pic haha

Last edited:
Still a long way off, but I've already put the bug in my wife's ear to be there when it opens. Thanks for the sneak peek though.And unfortunately that reality pic is my biggest fear about Disney.

When I saw Fett there last year I also thought his armor and helmet looked very plasticy. Almost Rubies like.

The photo above of the "real" Star Wars Land is a sad but true reality. I'll go during one of the less busy times during the year. GF rolled her eyes at me when I said I wanted to go right after it opened. I guess I'm looking for love in Alderaan places.

I saw him a few months ago and the soft parts are not good. I can't remember specifically why, just that I thought "wow, that's not good". I think the pockets looked odd and the vest sleeves were off.
Not Rubies bad but not anywhere near the level of you guys.

The color is wrong, the material is wrong. The flak jacket and flight suit is made out of the same fabric. The neck seal doesn't have enough folds. It is not weathered enough. The shoulders on the flak vest are wrong. Yeah, the soft parts are horrible. You should offer to make them one (for a fee, of course).

The color is wrong, the material is wrong. The flak jacket and flight suit is made out of the same fabric. The neck seal doesn't have enough folds. It is not weathered enough. The shoulders on the flak vest are wrong. Yeah, the soft parts are horrible. You should offer to make them one (for a fee, of course).

I thought about it but do I really want to get on the mouse's radar? I'm thinking no, lol.
But yes, they were bad.

Also, I'm going to Disneyland today and the rivers are reopened and the train is running again so if I can catch a glimpse of anything exciting, I will share :)

IMG_3841.JPG
IMG_3850.JPG
IMG_3858.JPG
I got a few interesting pictures :)
The top left is under the Hungry Bear restaurant, I'm pretty sure that will be an entrance to SW land. The last picture was taken from the top of the parking structure.

Someone tell the staff to replace his soft parts for Arkady's. They're really what stands out as the worst of his fair costume imo.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back