Boots "Das Boot(s)"

Boochman

Active Hunter
Well, as of about 1 month ago, I have officially passed all of my Architectural Board exams! I just need to get the paperwork from the state, and I am a Licensed Architect!!! This is huge for my career, and an amazing feeling to know that I am officially DONE studying. It takes its toll on you mentally, and physically; my Wife & Daughter are happy to have their normal, stress free Husband & Daddy back, haha!

So let's get down to brass-tax. The first items I am starting to weather are my MOW boots, which I purchased probably 1 year ago. Awesome quality product, as are all of the items I've purchased from MOW Studios. I've used the tutorial by "the5thHorseman" as a rough guide, but have done my own thing here and there. Below is the result, and I have yet to do any hard weathering. I want to wait until I get the toe spikes.

They look different in different light, which I think is great. I am happy with how they look in all scenarios; what do you think!?!

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

You have made a great start! Once you get your toe spikes, don't neglect weathering the sole and the upper section dividers. There's not real good shots from previous versions, but this shot from The Magic of Myth (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/gallery/magic-of-myth-2002-06-16/p6754-boba-fett-costume.html) shows those details pretty well -- distressed dividers, very dark edging around the sole platform, and the "line" around the side -- but if you're aiming for ESB, this might be too much. I also used a bit of sandpaper on the upper hard edge of the toes to simulate some wear of that area, as seen here:
IMG_1513a.jpg

OK gents! I received my toe spikes in the mail today, and did a quick test fit. I have a question tho - the plate sits flush and perfect, but where is the "long" spike supposed to go? I thought I remember seeing a thread about it awhile back, but I can't locate it now. The spikes fit great, but only when the long spike is on the "inside" of the boot...

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegI think I'm calling the boots "done", barring any comments! The only thing I'm thinking I might do is take a wire brush to the toe spikes to "knock down" some of the heavy weathering. Besides that, I am very happy with them!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I'm thinking I might do is take a wire brush to the toe spikes to "knock down" some of the heavy weathering. Besides that, I am very happy with them!

They look good! I often use a worn-out sanding sponge to remove overweathering, also adds wear on cloth areas.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back