General Concerns with RS Armor knees and prepping.

Misfit2

Well-Known Hunter
Does anyone know if RS is supposed to include resin knee darts and knee inserts to drill into for aluminum knee darts? I just received a full RS Props Armor kit to build for a guy and I noticed a couple issues.

First the knees sides where the darts would go are very small. Dakotas darts will not fit these very well if at all. I've had zero issues with FP and RKD armor fitting these Ali darts to.

Second. Does anyone know if they are supposed to come with the inserts for drilling?

Does anyone know who makes the smallest knee darts out there so I can keep these knees?

Included are the pics to show.

Image1461199378.247013.jpg

1eae8d818d79175fcc47524ec3d9e445.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• 1eae8d818d79175fcc47524ec3d9e445.jpg
    1eae8d818d79175fcc47524ec3d9e445.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 192
Hi,

I think the smallest knee darts you can get are the ones Fenix Props sells. They are nor really accurate but they should fit. I hope this helps.

If you do go with a smaller set would you consider parting with the current set of knee darts? If so I'd be interested.

Funky red do you know if they are supposed to include them? They didn't come with this guys

Sent from my iPhone

I think I'm going to have the same problem then. Got some RS Props armour and bought Dakotas knee darts too.

So is their knee armour not as screen accurate? Has it been done to force you to buy their own darts?

Thats pretty frustrating if I am going to have to try and sell Dakotas darts and then buy theirs :angry

My customer is just going to buy some RS darts. The RS knees seem smaller than normal as far as the area where the knee darts insert. So yes it seems their darts will be the only ones that work. Dakotas darts are amazing and that is unfortunate

Sent from my iPhone

I think you will find that it's the RS knees that ARE screen accurate , and the others are just too big .
Why not phone RS and ask them ?

Sent from my iPad

Not sure that's true. The machined darts made by Dakota are actual specifications from found parts, since they won't fit RS knees I would think they aren't.

As far as contacting them my customer has. See above statement. And I can't phone them, I'm stateside.

Sent from my iPhone

I have RS armor and my knee darts fit fine ( MCR/Dakota )

20160421_210521.jpg

Attachments

• 20160421_210521.jpg
    20160421_210521.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back