clmayfield - 501st Approved!

clmayfield

Active Hunter
So just as it became time to put together my submission for the 501st, Photobucket changes its policies. Luckily, TDH changed its software at the same time, so I am going to upload my submission here. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. I definitely know that there are areas for improvement, but at some point, you have to say "close enough."

Me sans helmet. First time on TDH you get to see my ugly mug...

Full costume from front.

Full costume from left.

Full costume from the rear.

Full costume from the right.

Boba Fett ESB Action Shot

Helmet from front.

Helmet from left.

Helmet from rear.

Helmet from right.

Armor from front.

Armor from left.

Armor from back.

Armor from right.

Codpiece

Kidney armor

Gauntlets 1

Gauntlets 2

continued... (20 picture maximum reached)

Flight suit from the front.

Flight suit from the rear.

Jet pack

Pulce and holster

Knees from the front.

Knees from the outside.

Knees from the rear.

Knees from the inside.

Harness and buckle.

Gloves

Girth belt

Cape

Boots from the side.

Boots from the front.

Ammo belt and hip pockets

Shin tools

Other side of shin tools

Better shot of shoulder studs

Fun functionality of the my suit.

Looks fantastic! Mind listing where/who you sourced each part from (or if you made it yourself) just for curiosity's sake? You've got a quality suit there!

Looks fantastic! Mind listing where/who you sourced each part from (or if you made it yourself) just for curiosity's sake? You've got a quality suit there!

OK. Should have done that to start with...

Source
  • Helmet - FPH2 by Fett Pride (bought from Major). Painted by me.
  • Dry Rub helmet markings - SuperJedi. (Highly recommended)
  • Helmet ear decals - Lucksy31
  • Hollow Stalk (for helmet) - Machine Craft. Weathered by me.
  • Rangefinder topper - Shapeways, design by RafalFett
  • Visor - T-visors.com - FP Deluxe
  • Servo kit and Rangefiner lights- SalamanderKing with heavy customization by me. I bought a lo profile servo and wired some Alco switches.
  • Flight Suit - Arkady. Weathered by me.
  • Flak Vest - Arkady. Painted by me.
  • Armor - Collar, chest, centerpiece, shoulders, and abdomen from korbanth, which I had to strip down and repaint. Very solid armor, though. Back plate, cod, kidney armor, and knee armor from RKD. All painted by myself.
  • Collar and Cod studs - Shapeways, desing by ToolGuy. Painted by me.
  • Chest lights - hot pockets
  • Chest decals - Lucksy31
  • Knee Darts - Machine Craft.
  • Gauntlets - RKD. The version with the resin upper and bolatron lower. Painted by Lou @ DVH.
  • Gauntlet darts - RKD
  • Gauntlet light - scratchbuilt using parts from ledsupply.com. I bought the switch off of Amazon.
  • Casio MQ-1 - found part for gauntlet
  • Flamethrower w/ acrylic nozzle - Combat Baby - serial #0001 on the nozzle (thanks for working through several prototypes, CB. It rocks!) painted by Lou @ DVH
  • Jet Pack - DVH. Painted by DVH.
  • Jet Pack harness - Big Dane with soft parts sewn and riveted by me.
  • Scuba buckle - Dacor (same era as US Divers, different stamp).
  • Beacon - Machine Craft. Finished by me.
  • Beacon light - JC27 (Fettinator Industries)
  • Aluminum Stabilizer - beats me
  • Cape - bought from Major. I assume it is Woodman canvas design. I don't know who weathered it, but whoever did it used RafalFett's template and did an awesome job.
  • Boots - MOW. Weathered by me
  • Toe spikes - Machine Fett. Weathered by me.
  • Braids - horsehair. I bought them off of Major. Might be Woodman, but this is unconfirmed. I am having him make me another pair because the blonde isn't blonde enough.
  • Shin Tools - scratch built from found parts except for the Aluminum Mitchell rods, which are replicas ordered from Mojo Fett (see Paterson Squeegee and Paterson Chemical Stirrer. It makes no sense not to make these from found parts.)
  • Girth Belt - Victory Canter. They make a brown, but it is the wrong color for my tastes. I used the dyeing method with the water-soluble latex stain. I then painted over with Rustoleum Ruddy Brown.
  • Ammo Belt - Delta 13 Mike
  • Pulce holster - Stormrider
  • Pulce 40 sidearm - Shapeways, design by RafalFett. Painted and weathered by me.
  • EE-3 - mostly davethebookie bronze cast. Finished by davethebookie.
  • EE-3 greeblies - disc for damper rods - Combat Baby. Shrouds - Combat Baby. Barrel Rings - Combat Baby. Damper rods - found parts. Molex - found parts.
  • EE-3 scope and scope rings - unknown 4 X 20. Japanese make. Bushnell rings.
  • Voice amplification system - Aker MR2300.
There are so many small piece on the outfit. I am sure I am missing something. Those are the major items. I don't want to think how much I spent. There are several items that I upgraded before even finishing the costume. I was not planning on being so anal retentive. I wanted good enough to trick your average Star Trek fan. I ended up with something a little better.

Last edited:
Quite neat job IMO!
The only bad thing that jumped to me were the yellow gloves.
Great job still! Damn I'm so far away haha

Quite neat job IMO!
The only bad thing that jumped to me were the yellow gloves.
Great job still! Damn I'm so far away haha

I think I will wash them. The weathering is a little too heavy, but I stand by the brownish yellow. It could also use a bit of gray towards the gauntlet.

Gloves Comparison.jpg

I am 5'8". A bit on the short side. I also have a very wide chest, which makes me difficult to fit. Most parts are scaled up or down. Nothing is scaled wider or narrower. Overall, given my dimensions, I think everything came out great! The hardest part to fit was the cod and kidney armor. For everything else, I used standard sizes except for the soft parts, which were custom made.

Looks amazing, great job. I'm just starting out on my journey so absolutely brilliant job. I'm even more in awe of these now that I know what's involved.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back