Chris4321 SE Promo Shoot Fett

I got my 3 prong mic jack in and made my own push button switch. I added the rivet to the jetpack marching visual reference.

The 3 prong was bought on amazon...I scuffed it with a scotchbright and rattlecanned it black x2 and put a matte finish on it.

The Push button switch I used a brass 1/4 nut and a nylon spacer 1/4. The nylon spacer was hollow in the middle so I used a 3M product called super fast and filled it. The brass nut was too thick so I filed it down with a belt sander and burrd the threads out making an elongated hole. I JB welded the spacer and nut together. Took a cut off wheel and took the excess spacer off to match visual reference that I attached.

Lastly, I touched up spots on the JP to match visual reference. I sprayed a light matte finish on the JP. I am happy with the result but some mistakes were made that I learned from. The JP blue is FloQuil Light blue in color, which is discontinued and is hard to come by. So I looked at the color chart and Floquils light blue is the equivalent to Tamiyas Medium Blue. I will be receiving that on Tuesday, which will allow me (hopefully that color matches) to paint the base of the stabilizer and be done with this project.

9D482DC9-C070-4C40-95D9-370E0EFF60A0.jpeg

E09E50CB-FF5F-4DA8-AFC7-96D1CEBA50E5.jpeg

D23D5FA5-FE67-4B0F-A914-AFCD8A1940E2.jpeg

D25E30C3-BC5A-4E6D-9835-164A5E06F3BA.jpeg

Last edited:
Chris....Hi, I answered the question you asked me about construction of the kidney--cod armor belt on my site. Hope it was clear and helps you out
if you decide to try it. Good luck.

Chris....Hi, I answered the question you asked me about construction of the kidney--cod armor belt on my site. Hope it was clear and helps you out
if you decide to try it. Good luck.

Hey man! Thanks I just saw your post! I’ll see if I can adapt something similar to it

Everything looks great man! With your build you kinda look like the power of the force Fett figure from '95...thats pretty bad ass ha!

View attachment 160160 View attachment 160159

Haha, thanks Lou! Not many can say they look like an ACTION FIGURE ;)

Tamiya Medium Blue came in last night...according to the Floquil chart it was the match to the blue that was used on my JP. I put it on the stabilizer and thought it was a good match but wanted to see it in the sun. Took it out today and it wasn’t an exact match but pretty damn close, so I sprayed some matte clear on it and took some thinner to my thrusters to take off some of the excess black I sprayed on it

784E1C06-9BA7-469A-9789-D1AB918B0580.jpeg

F936FA1D-CD96-4011-94A2-B2BFBA3B9E41.jpeg

9EA14570-9E55-4038-812A-6476F8DAC252.jpeg

Last edited:
The stab looks good man, Id work on the beacon next like we talked about and I see what you mean about the black on the thrusters... another thing you can do to church it up would be some thinned down flat red in the metal greebs on the thrusters! And weather the metal bits with some fullers earth or something dusty...theyre really clean.

The stab looks good man, Id work on the beacon next like we talked about and I see what you mean about the black on the thrusters... another thing you can do to church it up would be some thinned down flat red in the metal greebs on the thrusters! And weather the metal bits with some fullers earth or something dusty...theyre really clean.

Damn! I forgot about the beacon, though were the beacons the same from promo to Aosw? Maybe it’s just the picture that makes it seem more black? the thruster greebs are empty for the promo shoot version, not sure about the RoTJ SE. I guess technically I need to take the Greeble off the left thruster on the left to match the promo. The left inside greeble is pretty clean compared to the right which has a dark gray tint too. I was thinking about misting flat black on the right and just scratching the left to dull it down maybe. Something around those lines

51184179-B019-433F-9498-2F99B1710E63.jpeg

B310D789-242F-4945-98CA-D0976CBF4506.jpeg

Last edited:
Heyoo my fellow Hunters!

I took a break working on Fett since the troop. Though, with the day off I decided to finish up the Jetpack

Colored the beacon and weathered it
Colored the right Middle greeblie to a dark grey to match visual reference
Took the outer greeblie off the Left thrust to match visual reference

Here are some pictures:

Boba Comparison.png

image3 (1).jpeg

image1 (2).jpeg

image4 (1).jpeg

Add some weathering inside the metal greebs on the thrusters maybe like a light wash.... theyre too shiny and bright

I think I am going to go over the left one with a ghost gray color that I have..itll make it look like its resin casted. The other one I used a Dark grey with a drop of white, I thought it came out good in comparison to the Visual reference.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back