Cargo hold notifications

JSmails

Hunter
Hello,

Why isn't there an option to be notified immediately via email when something new goes for sale in the cargo hold? Can we get that changed? I've missed out on SO MANY THINGS I would have bought if I had known when they came up. It really should be an option when subscribing to the cargo hold forum

I know the SLD has it. I think the RPF and FISD have it also. With so many items for sale every day here, it'd be nice to be notified to pick it up as soon as it's offered.

I really don't have time to check in hourly. And sometimes that isn't fast enough. Some items get sold in a few minutes. It'd be nice to have a chance at those items without having to hit refresh on the cargo hold forum constantly all day long.

That is all.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have always had that set. I never get an email update. I check my spam and no emails in there.

When I get a PM I get an email instantly.

When someone replies in my WIP that I'm subscribed to, I get an email.

But I never get an email being subscribed to the cargo hold forum page. It's frustrating.

Are there era any other settings I should check?

thanks.

Click on the Cargo Hold: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/cargo-hold/
Click on the green button labeled (under the forum search box, above all the threads): Subscribe
Click on the drop-down selection of Notification Type to choose Daily updates by email
Click on Add Subscription.

For this thread right here there is an option in the subscription setup "instant notification by email".

Why isn't that an option for the cargo hold? It really should be.

Missed out on two more things I would have bought from the cargo hold again today because I only check every 4-6 hours or so.

An instant email would be nice. Checking the cargo hold really shouldn't have to become my full-time job. There's a better way.

Ahh... I am no admin obviously. Individual threads and PMs can be instantly emailed whenever someone replies to it. Forums are different configuration, unfortunately. Emails instantly from this site will not be notified from Forum subscriptions and are likely disabled (spammy?).

Alternative: This link will get all new posts to the [Cargo Hold] forum in a single click: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttyp=vBForum_Post&include=31

Maybe you can setup an RSS2/Twitter feed or URL to Email Redirect so you can feed the link above to your email addy.

Ahh... I am no admin obviously. Individual threads and PMs can be instantly emailed whenever someone replies to it. Forums are different configuration, unfortunately. Emails instantly from this site will not be notified from Forum subscriptions and are likely disabled (spammy?).

Alternative: This link will get all new posts to the [Cargo Hold] forum in a single click: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/search.php?do=getnew&contenttyp=vBForum_Post&include=31

Maybe you can setup an RSS2/Twitter feed or URL to Email Redirect so you can feed the link above to your email addy.

EXCELLENT info. Thank you

Any update on this? Is there any way to add this option to the board? It's an option at most other boards I frequent.

It can only help sellers to sell to notify EVERYONE via email (that sets the subscription) that they have something for sale. I'm really surprised there hasn't been more uproar about having this option set.

I used it for the first time a few days ago on the Sith Lords Detachment, and it's a great feature.⚡⚡️Lightning fast notification and I was able to pick up a helmet I'd been trying to obtain for a few months. Folks would dig it for sure.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back