cant post in cargohold

djaidan

Hunter
hi, i was looking to post a WTB post in the cargohold. but i dont have the option to post a thread. anyone know why?

thanks

Aidan

it doesn't work like this, a post in one thread counts as one post no matter how many. also, how have you been a member for 2 years and not know about full membership?

It does seem like a high post count to reach and encourages people to pad their total. I wish current 501st/RL members could get a pass.

Snappy, Is it that onerous really? The only thing it restricts is selling in the cargo hold so that new members establish themselves and enables everyone the chance to get to know one another [a bit]. Averaging 16 or 17 posts a month for three months doesn't seem overly restrictive to me. I don't think it necessarily follows that 501st people should get special treatment, after all there are plenty of people here who have no particular interest in that particular group so that could seem rather arbitrary.

I don't like post padding either; for one thing I find it very difficult to follow what's going on when the first page of a given section displays that the same person made the last post in 20 threads within minutes of each other (lots of 'great job' posts etc). That kind of stuff makes it difficult for me to see the natural progression of a conversation because a load of threads get bumped at the same time and then I'm lost, particularly because when people post that way they often seem to find threads that are years old and haven't been posted in for ages. Sometimes it can be funny, sometimes less so. Sometimes I think: 'how did you even find this thread'? Luckily it's relatively rare and most people do things in, what I am sure is, the spirit in which the site runners intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GCNgamer128 a valid point, I always associated this forum with the 501st or Mando Mercs. I didn't realize it was independent.
@intwenothor it's not a hard count to get to, but like you said there is evidence of post padding. I do my best not to post unless I have something to contribute to the conversation. I've been on ForcePike.net for almost 2 years and am an approved TR with a whopping post count of 32. Granted, it's a simple costume and the forum isn't as active. I'll adhere to the norms of the community - I love the passion and brotherhood everyone seems to have. Hopefully you don't think I'm complaining, it was just a thought without knowing the full context.

Snappy, I didn't think it sounded like a complaint at all. It sounded like a question to me. In my opinion a post count and years as a member don't necessarily mean anything (excepting full access to all parts of the board when the requirements are met). I've been here a while but I openly admit that most of my posts are meaningless drivel.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back