Flight Suit Budget ESB build: Flight suit

Jedinate10

New Hunter
I'm starting an Empire Strikes Back Boba budget build. I know it's probably a really tall order, but I'm looking for the cheapest decent-looking flight suit. I'm slim build, 5'11". I'm not partial to any sort of color, so don't feel unwanted if you have what I'm looking for, but it what you have is a Special Edition suit. I'm still in the planning stage of the build, so I'm not really looking to buy anything right this moment. (Unless you are willing to give something up for free or under $30 LMAO) I'd just like to get a good feel for how much I gotta start saving up. Thanks in advance!

I've been adding the cost of all my stuff as I go along. I'm doing all the painting/assembly myself...if you were to contract that out, you're looking at ~$5K plus or minus for a full costume.

The only real way to save money is to make everything yourself. There's lots of templates available on the forum. I knew the quality of me making the helmet, armor, flight suit etc would be inferior to those offered by the skilled folks producing top notch components here, so I figured I'd do it right the first time.

Yeah, that's my plan. Make as much as I can by myself. I have a scratch build helmet that has been sitting in my closet for years that desperately wants some Bondo. And I plan on doing the making and painting of my armor. It's really the flight suit I need someone else to do. I could probably tailor it if it's too big. But not much more than that.

Thanks for the link! And wow! I didn't think anyone would remember liddle ol' me It's good to be back! I'd taken a break from Boba (last time I suited up was 2013), and I've since been cosplaying Kylo Ren. But after a quick stop by the Mando Mercs booth at SWC8, I knew it was high freaking time I get back into some armor!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back