Pistols Budget Blasters

Mariarchi

New Hunter
Can anyone tell me what, if any (other than the colour) is the difference between the Rubies Silver set in the holster rig and the Hasbro white and orange set?
I have read that they both seem to have a shorter "stubby" barrel, but is one really better than the other?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure they're the same, or at least fairly close. I have one of the rubies blasters for my Mando kit and I find the largest visual difference from the movie pistols is probably the larger tip on the toy blaster. If you look at reference shots of Jango's Westars, the bulbous flash suppressor is significantly slimmer than the toy version. As far as I've seen Hasbro vs Rubies doesn't matter much, they are both about 1.5" shorter than the movie blasters.

Check this thread out: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f28/jango-blasters-21081/

Thanks for that skyrider , I'm going to get a set of the hasbro pistols and see if I can extend the barrels. Hopefully that will lessen the effect of the oversized supressor.

Those are the Master Replica pistols. They were a limited edition and are really hard to find and very expensive. I saw a pair on ebay for £700 recently. I have also seen some resin versions for sale.

I did a Rubies Blaster Conversion. I added some weights to the handle so they appear heavier. painted the Blasters in silver/chrome and added
some stainless steel screws. I think for a low budget Blaster its pretty okay. Im saving some money to replace them with aluminium ones someday.
201411042252243pk70oergh.jpg

That's pretty much the route I'm going down. I'd like to someday get the MR versions, but trying to keep the price down as I'm doing several costumes at once. Also, just making the plastic ones look okay is a learning curve for me.

The old chrome ones with the kids holsters are really small compared to the larger orange and white ones. They'd be good for a child but not for big man hands

Nice job SirLars, I too hope to one day go down the aluminium versions path. One of the easier to copy blasters as most of it is turned.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back