Boushh Boushh Helmet/Costume Build by alvo

Awesome find on the boots Annie, do you mind sharing the name of the boots or Amazon link, looks like we will be making the plunge into this build as well. Did the size up help in giving you more spare or do they run big or small. Thanks for your help.

I picked up these boots on amazon for $15 and I'm seriously impressed that they aren't total garbage. Yes, they are made from totally synthetic material, but you only see the toe of the boot, so why spend more than you need to? The color is perfect, and I think they are a great match. I got half a size larger than I usually do so I can put a good supportive insole in them to make them nice and comfortable.

View attachment 103468View attachment 103467

Yes, here is the boot I got on Amazon. Thanks for asking about it. I had meant to put up a link for those interested getting a similar boot, but of course forgot. I usually wear a 7.5 and instead got an 8. I am happy I went half a size up, as it will give a nice amount of room for an extra comfy foot insert. I would say they probably run true to size. A 7.5 would have probably been right on, but half a size up helps if you want to add an insert.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0130YDT7S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Also, I haven't put this in my thread yet but these are the gloves I got as well. They are not leather, but still look great. The material and fit makes them nice if you need to use your hands with phones, adjusting costume pieces, etc. But because they aren't leather I've found the material occasionally catches on the velcro costume pieces.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H0FCDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck with your build! I've sure had fun with mine so far!

Awesome find on the boots Annie, do you mind sharing the name of the boots or Amazon link, looks like we will be making the plunge into this build as well. Did the size up help in giving you more spare or do they run big or small. Thanks for your help.

For your bandolier weathering. I see you used shoe polish. Did you use anything to seal the polish? Or did it "soak in" permanently?

Sent from my iPhone

For your bandolier weathering. I see you used shoe polish. Did you use anything to seal the polish? Or did it "soak in" permanently?

Sent from my iPhone

I didn't use anything to seal in the polish, but I really tried to rub the polish into the webbing. I just kept rubbing it into the webbing until nothing was coming off on the rag I used. There hasn't been any incident where the polish has come off onto the tunic, or gloves in any way.

Amazing build thread! You have me thinking I can really plunge into the soft goods myself as this is a daunting task. I too have one of Todd's helmets and am working on it currently. I do have a question on the greeblies to hand paint... am I correct in these base colors under the weathering? Lighting and photos can be tricky on colors.

AsOUYi8.jpg

Amazing build thread! You have me thinking I can really plunge into the soft goods myself as this is a daunting task. I too have one of Todd's helmets and am working on it currently. I do have a question on the greeblies to hand paint... am I correct in these base colors under the weathering? Lighting and photos can be tricky on colors.

View attachment 109236

Yea, those colours look good to me. I use the flat aluminum dry brushed over flat black for these pieces. For the antenna I go straight flat aluminium, as well as for the other piece labeled sky grey.

As with anything, there is more than one way to skin a cat!

AWESOME. Sometimes I never know if my mind is playing tricks on me with the colors or not.Thanks for the reply!

Your build thread has been a boost to my self-confidence in tackling the soft goods on this BTW!

AWESOME. Sometimes I never know if my mind is playing tricks on me with the colors or not.Thanks for the reply!

Your build thread has been a boost to my self-confidence in tackling the soft goods on this BTW!

I'm glad my thread has helped! I'm no expert with soft parts, so if I can do it you can too!

Yea, those colours look good to me. I use the flat aluminum dry brushed over flat black for these pieces. For the antenna I go straight flat aluminium, as well as for the other piece labeled sky grey.

As with anything, there is more than one way to skin a cat!

Looks like I will need to repaint mine... tks for the info! :)

I was looking around at tbhg.net and found a thread for a pattern for the neck cowl piece that is kind of like a dickie. This was the one piece I didn't really know how to approach, so I was happy I came across it. I had just enough of the dark brown micro-suede fabric too.

Do you happen to still have a link to the pattern? The website doesn't appear to exist anymore, unless my computer and firewall at work are being stupid and redirecting me.

Do you happen to still have a link to the pattern? The website doesn't appear to exist anymore, unless my computer and firewall at work are being stupid and redirecting me.

I have the pattern here. I've just tried adding it to this post/thread. If it doesn't work I can just email it to you.

Edit: I don't think you can add files to posts, PM your email and I'll send it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, here is the link:

https://www.scribd.com/document/349890046/Dickie-Pattern-ONE-SIZE-Original

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back