Boots Boots MOW 2014 Paint-up/weathering as ESB.

Thanks again everyone !
Keegan That's very interesting info, i didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

T5H,
Im using your process as a reference for doing my boots, great job and thanks for sharing. When you added the head rivets, did you but them or actually drill a hold into the sole of the shoe?
I actually drilled a hole into the sole but of a smaller size than the rivet's post. This way it stays tight.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
These look great! The rust on the spikes really add so much detail too! It's a shame no one will see them to the level we get to in the pictures (assuming you don't kick anyone...)

When you refer to a "wash", what exactly are you doing...? Wetting the boot and dry brushing paint on, or vice-versa, or something completely different...?

How did you do the center strip? Did you mention that and I am not seeing it? Was it just the Charcoal + Black ?
Then i did a Wash of Charcoal + Black in a 1:2 ratio (or more black if necessary) applied at the same places but by narrowing the surface of application. Don't forget to take the opportunity to also paint the whole "toe section" (center stripe) with this mix.
I hope it answers you question ;)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back