Boba thong?

RistetToast

New Hunter
While I am still baffled by the work of Daz on the ROTJ (Original, not special edition) suit he made for me, I just now realized that it didn't come with the infamous Boba thong. Unless I somehow missed it, as his wife is fantastic at packing things in a compact way, but I am quite sure I checked every inch of it by now.

As far as I've been able to tell, that small elastic/strap is actually a 501st requirement, or did I misinterpret the CRL?

In any case, as I am a sucker for details, did the non-special-edition Boba have the thong? If he did (and/or if it is a 501st requirement), then where can I get the parts required to assemble it?

Best regards.

Can anybody post a photo of how their thong is attatched to the cod and butt? Easier for me to visualize how to add it if I have seen it added :)

I have a webbing that is snapped to the kidney plate & acts like a belt. The elastic strap is attached to the kidney plate with a snap & then I have attached with another snap on the buckle that is in front. This allows the kidney plate to be tight against your lower back & the cod piece can float a little. The cod piece is then attached to the kidney plate using the screen accurate method which covers up the buckle in the front. These photos show velcro for attaching the cod & kidney plates but I have since changed that.

DSCF5052.JPG

DSCF5050.JPG

I just attached velcro to each end of the elastic piece and attached it from the cod piece to the kidney piece. Only hard part was getting the tension right, definitely don't want too tight o_O, but too loose in no bueno either.

Another way to go about it ,and the one we used, was to sew the elastic strap with a little bit of tension directly to your flight suit .
Up near the waist in the back and the crotch in the front.Looks the same,..comfort tension,...no fuss suiting up,...can't come loose while trooping.
No one will ever know.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back