Cape Boba Fett Poncho

HelloDude

New Hunter
Unsure if this pertains to the cape prefix, but I wish to turn this wool blanket into a poncho similar to Jango's poncho which is unseen on screen I believe. I purchased it on eBay being described as 60-70% wool and a 30-40% synthetic blend. It is esentially an emergency blanket but I feel it is versatile enough to be fashioned into a poncho. It's dimensions are 60" x 80". Screenshot_6.png

I wish to fashion it like this star-wars-jango-fett-sixth-scale-sideshow-2149-07.jpg

How would I go about possibly trimming and hemming it? Thank you!

I've been thinking about this as well because my back armor was crushed in my storage unit and I can't do another in time.

For hemming it looks like it would have a 1/2"be hemm. Just leave about 1/2" of extra material around your pattern when you draw it out on the template and fold it over, pin it, and sew a straight stitch.

If you are new to sewing, you can look up YouTube videos on beginner sewing skills and practice on scrap cloth.

I don't have access to a sewing machine but honestly that would make my situation alot easier. If you don't have one I would definitely buy one ( I sewed my whole flightsuit, and vest together by hand, along with my TS and TB suits).

Good luck,
Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the information, Alex. I don't own a jet pack, but I feel it's just difficult to be versatile with it (e.g. sitting) and I personally prefer the clint eastwood gun slinger look anyway ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P

Always loved the idea of Fett having a poncho! Wasn't it PP1 that had the cape that clipped on the other side? Very cool Clint Eastwood western look going on!

Always loved the idea of Fett having a poncho! Wasn't it PP1 that had the cape that clipped on the other side? Very cool Clint Eastwood western look going on!

I remember that as well, and so put a small wire loop on the other corner so I can loop it around my shoulder stud. Kind of a hassle so I might just embed some magnets instead.

IMG_20161009_184123.jpg

Just chiming in for additional inspiration purposes. The crew that did 12 Parsec Stare used a Clint Eastwood style side poncho for their ESB fett that was really neat. I believe they did it with it being clipped together near the neck instead of being put on before wearing the helmet. It was also weathered to hell and fit in really well, even with a jetpack attached underneath.
. kollaasi.png

Just chiming in for additional inspiration purposes. The crew that did 12 Parsec Stare used a Clint Eastwood style side poncho for their ESB fett that was really neat. I believe they did it with it being clipped together near the neck instead of being put on before wearing the helmet. It was also weathered to hell and fit in really well, even with a jetpack attached underneath.
. View attachment 104099
This is what inspired me! Beautiful man

Sent from my SM-G920P

I'm choosing between these two methods at this point....
fb5862803041043b4b6984d167d89fe3.jpg

I'm the one in full gear and my model man there in the first pi. Is quit skinny so he makes it look weird but you get the point..

Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back