Boba Fett Movie isn't happening

hvacdon

Active Hunter
Saw this morning...

The Boba Fett 'Star Wars' movie isn't happening

2Fimages%2Fdims%3Fresize%3D2000%252C2000%252Cshrink%26image_uri%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia.zenfs.jpg

This week Lucasfilm exec Kathleen Kennedy confirmed to reporter Erick Weber that a standalone Star Wars movie focusing on bounty hunter Boba Fett is no longer in development. While the project had never been officially announced, it was known to be a piece in the parade of "anthology" movies planned in the universe.

As recently as June, there were reports that after Solo: A Star Wars Story underperformed at the box office, that projects may be "reconfigured." After going years and even decades between movie releases, an annual Star Wars release felt like a bit much.

Instead, and perhaps more wisely, we'll soon see a TV series about a Fett-style character called The Mandalorian, that's in development for Disney's streaming service. So far The Mandalorian only has a single image and an interesting list of episode directors attached, but if Disney plans to compete with Netflix then this kind of story that's both familiar and all-new could pull subscribers in.

I have super Mixed feelings about this..on one hand I’m very excited for the mandelorean show with the Directors involved and the look. And keeping some of the mystery of Fett intact.

But also think a Fett movie would work and bring the character more mainstream . It’s Surprising how many people don’t know who Boba Fett is . And would have increased the value of a lot of my boba collectibles . Lol

Yeah, I'm glad they're not making a Fett movie. No point in ruining everything after all this time ! The Mandalorean does look promising. I'm looking forward to see how it goes!!

Same, I'm glad. Enough with ruining the mystery of the character. Only way that film would work imo is if it was done like the old Man With No Name spaghetti westerns, and that's something Disney just doesn't know how to do
Concur. That would never have happened. Genuinely looking forward to the TV show though and impressed with the look.

Have to say I was strangely relieved when I read it to. I was curious to see what they would have come up with, but was also a bit hesitant with what they would have come up with too.
This doesn’t mean they will not make it in the future, it’s just not in the works in the foreseeable future as their focus is on the new tv show and episode 9....

After watching the last couple of movies, I think Disney is guaranteed to screw Boba up. I am glad they left it alone. It is time to tread new ground and I think that is what the Mandolorian will do.

I read an article that said anyone stating it was officially dead was a rough translation of that conversation with K. Kennedy...

1- Disney never went on record to officially confirm there was a Boba Fett movie... ever. It was all rumor on Directors, Screen Writers, dates, etc.
2- Her answer was we are concentrating on the Mandalorian... it wasn't "there will be NO Boba Fett movie".

So basically the writer states a movie never confirmed cannot be dead and it was never stated that it is dead.... and in that industry nothing is ever dead... if there is cash to be made or the will to make it.
Probably Disney will see how the Mandalorian does... how popular? Or maybe they have decided to enter Boba into this series? It is post ROTJ and they can always bring him in ... pure speculation on my part.

Mixed feeling since TLJ was about as horrible as I could possibly think a Star Wars movie could ever be... far surpassing TPM (which I thought was impossible).... and Disney's response to the "hate" is to blame the fans and not to take a serious look at what they created.
Unfortunately for me I already have a kick ass screen play in mind so there is no way any Disney type will surpass my creation for a Boba Fett standalone.... so best they leave it alone.:)

I read an article that said anyone stating it was officially dead was a rough translation of that conversation with K. Kennedy...

1- Disney never went on record to officially confirm there was a Boba Fett movie... ever. It was all rumor on Directors, Screen Writers, dates, etc.
2- Her answer was we are concentrating on the Mandalorian... it wasn't "there will be NO Boba Fett movie".

So basically the writer states a movie never confirmed cannot be dead and it was never stated that it is dead.... and in that industry nothing is ever dead... if there is cash to be made or the will to make it.
Probably Disney will see how the Mandalorian does... how popular? Or maybe they have decided to enter Boba into this series? It is post ROTJ and they can always bring him in ... pure speculation on my part.

Mixed feeling since TLJ was about as horrible as I could possibly think a Star Wars movie could ever be... far surpassing TPM (which I thought was impossible).... and Disney's response to the "hate" is to blame the fans and not to take a serious look at what they created.
Unfortunately for me I already have a kick ass screen play in mind so there is no way any Disney type will surpass my creation for a Boba Fett standalone.... so best they leave it alone.:)

Exactly!

EW: "Is the Boba Fett movie 100% dead?"
KK: "We are fully focusing on The Mandalorian"

EW on Twitter: KK 100% confirms Boba Fett movie is dead!"

None of what she said confirms ANYTHING. Everything about a Fett movie has been rumors since 2013 as LFL and Disney have never officially announced it even existed. Why let a MONUMENTAL cat out of the bag by saying that it is 100% dead when it never officially existed? Shoddy as heck journalism.

When they ( Disney ) say something like that, it always just turns into free advertising for what they're doing at that time !!!
They do it on purpose, since they know what the result will stir up !!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back