Bo Katan Bo Katan build for my wife

BBC527

New Hunter
Hey everyone,
I'm starting a Bo Katan for my wife and I'm looking for a little help on things.

Since my wife is smaller I decided to build the armor out of foam so I can get a good fit for her. I know the kits would work, but would probably look a little large on her and I would have to do a lot of trimming. This way I can make my templates to match her first and then cut everything out and shape it.

I'll see if I can post some pics tonight of the progress. I'm hoping I can have this done by mid September for an event we are attending.

Any advice for building with foam would be appreciated.

Thanks

Here are my paper templates I made for my wife. I made single
copies, because if you flip it, it's the duplicate for the other side.

8EABB352-4C95-414A-A1BF-7D3251E5CDDF_zpsmp4fr1ff.jpg

These are the foam versions that I have shaped. I still need to shape the breast plate and do the gauntlets. I also have to make the back for the jet pack.

6CFF5E1E-BDD3-4B3C-B889-4D407B713350_zpsmmdt3ndn.jpg

Any thoughts on the knees? Should I keep it the way I did, with shaping the sides around the knee. I just used the heat gun to warm it up and bend it around her knee?

My wife is working on her suit (shirts and pants). We couldn't find two shirts and pants in grey that would match, so we got all black and she is painting it.

81456058-3B28-479D-8509-E67FEC211ADA_zps3gjvscxp.jpg

I cut out paper templates for her gauntlets to make sure they fit.

1FEB2CB0-D3C5-4FB7-AD81-B5D1824BF054_zpsdoqvikpo.jpg

Here is what they look like after shaping the foam with the heat gun.

A9342368-1C51-4505-A9AB-B128BC9330A8_zpsulsmyqvo.jpg

I still need to make the little square indent above the notches on the inside of the gauntlet. I'm also working on each of the hardware that goes on the top of the gauntlet.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back