Jet Pack Bigdane Harness Assembly

crimson

Hunter
Hi all

I have searched around and looked at some WIPs but i cannot find a guide on how to assemble this kit, feels like the straps are too short.

Can someone point me in the direction of a definitive guide or guide on how to assemble the bigdane kit ?

Thanks in advanced

I would recommend the one deathxcircle recommended as well. I had to get more strap than what bigdane sent just because I wanted the waist belt to be set up like The5thHorseman did.

I would recommend the one deathxcircle recommended as well. I had to get more strap than what bigdane sent just because I wanted the waist belt to be set up like The5thHorseman did.

Thanks its shown me the way happy that i dont need a sewing machine and can hand stitch it, will put at least one side though a machine

I hand stitched mine just because there was no way the head of the machine would allow the stitch to get close enough to the metal bar for my liking. Also something to note is make sure that your buckle opens the correct way based on the references.

Thanks its shown me the way happy that i dont need a sewing machine and can hand stitch it, will put at least one side though a machine
I used rivets to attach all the straps together because I can apparently spend almost $4000 on a Fett costume but can't bother to bust out $150 for a sewing machine :lol: Pretty good alternative though, I'd definitely trust rivets over any sort of sewing I could concoct!

So following that guide these straps provided are not even remotely close to being the right size

Also I didn’t get any of the other metal buckles this is all I got ; ie no sliders and d rings
DB867FD2-93C3-483B-A9AD-F4191973F24A.jpeg

Is the above correct I appear to be missing a few bits

The sliders and rings are extras you'll have to pick up on your own. He doesn't include them. Hit up Full Metal Fett on here for a replica divers buckle.

Yep that's what my kit looked like. I'm a... well, if I were a woman they'd call me "thick". The straps were all a good length for me. The "belly" straps could've been longer because I drink too much and it's all in my stomach, but it worked out okay. Here's what mine looks like mostly assembled (I'll be putting on the white jetpack pieces tomorrow during my armor party and final suit up):

YJRve61l.jpg

oKEAlNul.jpg

FAcWRuZl.jpg

The backpack straps are the widest straps, and I had the big "backpack clips" (I don't know what you call them) on each side. Same with the belly strap, although it's about a half inch less wide and shorter. The clips are all adjustable so you don't need to cut anything to length, which is great. I got even smaller adjustment pieces (not clips, just the sliders) for the jetpack straps and I'll be riveting those to the backpack portions tomorrow to complete the assembly. It's super solid with the rivets.

The straps included with mine weren't even close for the linked guide either. I ended up using the included ones for the shoulder straps and bought the correct 4 bar seatbelt strap for the waist belt since it might show. I honestly don't have the white jetpack straps attached still since I don't have a back plate yet to line them up perfectly.

I got my strap here btw:
Custom Color Seat Belts | Seat Belt Webbing | Strapworks

They also have 2" metal sliders but I would recommend if you are going for accuracy you can message Full Metal Fett as previously mentioned for the X tri-glide etc.

The straps included with mine weren't even close for the linked guide either. I ended up using the included ones for the shoulder straps and bought the correct 4 bar seatbelt strap for the waist belt since it might show. I honestly don't have the white jetpack straps attached still since I don't have a back plate yet to line them up perfectly.

I got my strap here btw:
Custom Color Seat Belts | Seat Belt Webbing | Strapworks

They also have 2" metal sliders but I would recommend if you are going for accuracy you can message Full Metal Fett as previously mentioned for the X tri-glide etc.

How much feet of strap did you need to buy?

I honestly don't remember. I used a flexible measuring tape and placed it as if it was the waist strap and just figured out how much was needed. I think I had six feet as an over estimation for the waist. Also the strap that came with the harness was used as the top shoulder straps but if I remember right there wasn't enough to do the bottom shoulder straps with it.

I was looking for some build / reference threads for assembling Big Dane's harness. I found this one and the one below that was helpful...
Hard Harness Strapping - Boba Fett ESB . (Thank You Art for making old links work!!!!)
I was also wondering about D rings, buckles and having enough strap, so I bought this kit on Amazon...
I also picked up some white 1 1/2 polyester webbing on Amazon for the Jetpack rings. The CRL for ROTJ says "white"
straps for the JP but the pic they have next to it shows them to be a tan color like the straps that came with Big Dane's kit.
I'm in the process of putting it together, so I'll have a few pics soon....

I was looking for some build / reference threads for assembling Big Dane's harness. I found this one and the one below that was helpful...
Hard Harness Strapping - Boba Fett ESB . (Thank You Art for making old links work!!!!)
I was also wondering about D rings, buckles and having enough strap, so I bought this kit on Amazon...
I also picked up some white 1 1/2 polyester webbing on Amazon for the Jetpack rings. The CRL for ROTJ says "white"
straps for the JP but the pic they have next to it shows them to be a tan color like the straps that came with Big Dane's kit.
I'm in the process of putting it together, so I'll have a few pics soon....

Go with the white straps. The CRL image will be updated to the correct one...soon...ish...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back