Artakha's Boba Fett RotJ gauntlets scratch build

Artakha

Active Hunter
So, after finishing my helmet (which I did a month ago) I decided to proceed building the gauntlets (templates from WOF) RotJ style, to be consistent with the rest of my proposed outfit. I decided to do the left gauntlet first. Here is where I am so far:

P1100449.jpgP1100455.jpgP1100456.jpg The material is plastic styrene, normally used for modifying plastic models, but it worked well in this case despite being lightweight. My main concern is its long term durableness, but since I intend to cast this its not a real worry.

Here with some sanded down primer on it to see where the ugly spots are...P1100469.JPGP1100472.jpgI build the underside part using cardboard.P1100476.JPG
Here I am wearing it (does it seem to be the right size?)P1100471.JPG And here it is in its current state in all the glory of bondo. Hopefully I will get around to sanding it soon. P1100479.JPG

Any advise and/or constructive criticism is very much appreciated.

P1100480.JPG

Bump for the thread!...unfortunately I don't have any new progress pics, but I finally got some sintra! I'll use them to build the right guantlet and maybe a fresh left one (which has proven to be too delicate than I would like).

Put polyurethane on the right gauntlet to seal the cardboard. Next up: bondo!

As always advice and criticism is very much appreciated.

P1100717.jpgP1100716.jpgP1100715.jpgP1100718.jpg

Put some bondo on these and sanded them up. Still a long ways to go, but getting there!

As always advice and criticism is much appreciated.

P1100815.jpgP1100814.jpgP1100810.JPGP1100811.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back