APPROVED UPDATE: DeathJedi's ESB build and WIP

Ugh! Been busy working sick for the last week and a half. I’ve had three people I know with 3D printers who’ve offered to help my with my EE-3 stock greeblies and none have had time to print anything after several months. I guess I can’t complain. They offered, but it’s not like it’s my printer. The guy I bought it from didn’t send them and promised to, but you gotta be careful on these forums, I’ve found. That being said, I got the local library printing them and the jet pack adjustment tool for me. That’s literally all I need as far as parts go. I cut up more of my batninja flak vest today.

B2E6A366-8027-4293-8942-89552DEC3822.jpeg

It hurts cutting something so nice even though the other side is riveted with holes for the armor.
My sewing skills suck compared to that cat’s!! But here’s to hoping after 4 requests for prints, my shizzy turns out and I can maybe submit approval pics. I’ve dirtied up my shins on the flight suit, along with the infamous “boba thong” and elastic knee stretchy material attached. All dirty. Wish me luck in the next couple weeks.
I’llpost some update pics soon.
Well wishes to all my Fett brothers out there!

I don’t know yet. They broke in a thin spot. I might be able to spot glue them to hold long enough for epoxy to set and hold them strong... this is rather devastating because just about everything was done and was going to take submission photos. I guess better to know they were weak and brittle now before trooping.

I think I’ll have to order new knees. This is actually a little more difficult than anticipated and probably won’t hold up long term.

Oh no......!!!!!!
Order the ones from Bobamaker, they are really durable. I think epoxy wont last long because the rubber strap is bending them while wearing them so they will crack fast.

Agreed. Do you know how long his wait is to get them raw? I’ll check with him, just want to know if you have experience with him. I can paint myself.

Got the knees fixed. I have new ones on order because these could break again and I don’t want be without in a pinch.
Put stuff on today. I have the braids, I just need to attach them. I need to adjust the hose coming off the gauntlet. I also need to adjust the jet pack straps. Also, I need to do something about armor on the back, since I don’t have enough butt to keep it up by itself. Probably a snap situation like I did with the front. I need to adjust where the belts sit as well. I’m sure there are host of other things I still need to do.

75293524-E3F7-4B2C-B1AF-890FF353F6FD.jpeg 372CA04B-D55B-44D2-837E-DE1426BC29B1.jpeg DB279690-B574-4F04-8679-A6ACDD164015.jpeg B1E0AA11-E7AB-4136-8415-9A01234967F3.jpeg

Looking really good!! I just got my MOW gauntlets and I would like to see the insides of yours to see how you did the RE magnet closers. Thanks,
Lynn

Looking really good!! I just got my MOW gauntlets and I would like to see the insides of yours to see how you did the RE magnet closers. Thanks,
Lynn

Thank you! So I asked around and nobody bothered to answer me. It’s either a secret or I’m not part of the cool kids club, LOL. So, I tried several different approaches, to stacked pieces of ABS to trying to find a piece I could work in. At the end of the day I ended up swiping small LEGO parts from my son. I scratched the hell out of them, measure carefully with my small RE magnets and e-6000’d them to the sides then I E-6000 the magnets to the LEGOs. Do NOT bother with super glue. It’s a waste of time, I know from experience. But here is what I did: Again, this might not be the best method but nobody here responded to when I asked.
62A9CFD9-4164-4C8F-8A57-4FBF0BFDBF04.jpeg 55F811E0-CD62-4109-AD91-6C3D6B84376F.jpeg
I sincerely hopes this helps

Thanks! I hear you on that at times! I like that Lego idea!! I see you didn't fiberglass the insides like some do. I don't know if I will either, they seem pretty thick and beefy. Did you trim down your sides for a tighter forearm fit? I don't think I will have to on mine.
Lynn

Looks good...no! Sorry! A Fett is never good! You are lookinh badass and cool! (y)

Only the jetpack seems to low. What kind of harness do you use?

Looks good...no! Sorry! A Fett is never good! You are lookinh badass and cool! (y)

Only the jetpack seems to low. What kind of harness do you use?

It is low. It’s just a strap system. I think It’s a Fettdad harness. I am working and adjusting the straps. I need to upgrade it eventually.

Thanks! I hear you on that at times! I like that Lego idea!! I see you didn't fiberglass the insides like some do. I don't know if I will either, they seem pretty thick and beefy. Did you trim down your sides for a tighter forearm fit? I don't think I will have to on mine.
Lynn

I didn’t really have to trim anything. I have a little foam rubber on the insides of the other one. This one stays where it’s supposed to when I have the flight suit on. If that’s what you’re asking.

It is low. It’s just a strap system. I think It’s a Fettdad harness. I am working and adjusting the straps. I need to upgrade it eventually.

The screen accurate Harness works great. I did several troops without putting the jetpack off for almost seven hours and for me it worked great.

I think what happens in my case is I have the harness sitting comfortably on me, then once I get the pack on, it pulls because of the weight and the harness pulls back and sits there. I’ll fool around with it until I get it right.

Pics submitted to my local 501st GML today. I had some free time over the holiday to button up all the loose ends. Gotta take the pics from my Mac and add to my phone, but I’ll post the final product soon. Wish me luck!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back