Anyone seen this picture before?

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
A link was posted over at Rebelscum and among the images is this one of our man:

rare-star-wars-polaroids-25.jpg

Wondering what helmet that is. It has that ESB look to it.
A Gallery of 50 Rare Continuity Star Wars Polaroids Taken From the Set of ‘Return of the Jedi’ ~ vintage everyday

Link originally posted by Sergiu.

98745008-94F7-453C-8D2C-B4F4BA7F1263.jpeg
According to the book ‘Star Wars Costumes - The Orignal Trilogy’ it is the urethane stunt Boba, worn by Glen Randall circa 1982....That’s what the book says anyway haha...below is the Helmet but not sure if it’s the one in the actual Polaroid. Apparently worn in Jedi...interesting point for discussion or argument ;)
C279E14F-4F4B-41E3-9212-EA9E8B706144.jpeg

Are those polaroids in that book? I own that book.

I am familiar with those stunts but what's confusing me is that I can't see the RF topper.

Judging from that photo it seems like the topper must have had a very shallow "slot" for that stalk which must have needed the assistance of some glue and that glue must have let go, it seems like its kinda just balancing on the stalk and the helmet itself in that pic.
lol this helmet always makes me chuckle

Interesting, didn't know about the stunt helms. I kinda love it, especially the foam ear xD

Pretty amusing that a low-detail stunt prop got more attention to matching the ESB look than the actual ROTJ hero helmet did though.

They made a new batch of Fett parts for ROTJ. Vests, gauntlets, Rocketpacks. They painted these to match existing tour parts and in some cases molded those parts directly.
The ESB helmet was one of these. It was molded and two rubber stunt helmets were made and painted to roughly match.
They also created rubber amor, foam gauntlets, a rubber rocketpack, looser stunt versions of the vest and jumpsuit, and cardboard shin tools.
Obviously they were preparing for the stunt version of the costume to match the ROTJ look of Boba Fett which would have been the look we know, but with the ESB helmet. They seem to have switched the helmet last minute for unknown reasons. If I had to guess, it may have had something to do with the ESB being horribly cracked and held together with filler and epoxy. The ROTJ had been on tour appearances and was still a much more solid helmet.

Of course they weren't super concerned when they went to film since Boba is wearing his exploded pack in many shots prior to ever flying off the barge to meet his doom.

Just to clarify for everyone; these Polaroids are in the Allinger book, which I own - oops, on page 100. The helmet being worn that has no RF topper is furthest to the right on the foldout on page 103 with the helmets lined up.

Obviously they were preparing for the stunt version of the costume to match the ROTJ look of Boba Fett which would have been the look we know, but with the ESB helmet. They seem to have switched the helmet last minute for unknown reasons. If I had to guess, it may have had something to do with the ESB being horribly cracked and held together with filler and epoxy. The ROTJ had been on tour appearances and was still a much more solid helmet.

Of course they weren't super concerned when they went to film since Boba is wearing his exploded pack in many shots prior to ever flying off the barge to meet his doom.

I'd always wondered why the near identical PP3 wouldn't have been the better choice but I expect they probably didn't think anyone would notice or simply didn't care. I'm positive I didn't notice in 1983.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back