Bo Katan A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan

Yea, pretty much did. The only blemishes on the back are where my son missed a few spots when spreading the gelcoat. Pretty much no clean-up needed. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude Cruzer... I've been eying this project and it is very impressive as is all your work. Well done so far!!!

If you want to come down and use my Vac-table I'm sure we can work it out. I have a 3x2.

Kevin W.

Just an F.Y.I....I've gotten a few inquiries from people wanting helmets asap. So now that the last of the helmet molds are completed, I'm going to go ahead and open up a small run of 5 helmets in another thread. Once I pull the first rangefinder topper this evening, I'll snap a few pics and start the run thread later tonight. It's going to be limited to 5 helmets only and will be on a first come/first paid basis. Right now I'm estimating gelcoated fiberglass helmets with CC rangefinder stalks to be $225 shipped within the U.S., or $250 for international express shipping with tracking services. Look for the run thread with more specifics later this evening if you're interested.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Thanks brother!

The first four helmet kits are completed and headed to the Golden Gate Garrison...looks like they may have a squad in the makings! ;)

DSCN1673.JPG

Hi. Sorry I've been busy trying to catch up on all of my outstanding Jango orders as well as teaching a session of summer school the past month and a half. However, I hope to start on the jet pack mold this upcoming weekend after I get some advice from a good friend on how to make the best mold for fiberglass production. I'll be sure to post my progress on the jet pack molds. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest to get just a few jet packs out there for those trying to put together a costume in time for C6.

As for the rest of the parts, the gauntlets are next on my list to tackle and should go rather quickly and easily because I'll use my 3/4 scale kid gauntlets as a base. These are the same gauntlets currently being used by a few women and should fit an average sized female wrist comfortably.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

Hi. Sorry I've been busy trying to catch up on all of my outstanding Jango orders as well as teaching a session of summer school the past month and a half. However, I hope to start on the jet pack mold this upcoming weekend after I get some advice from a good friend on how to make the best mold for fiberglass production. I'll be sure to post my progress on the jet pack molds. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest to get just a few jet packs out there for those trying to put together a costume in time for C6.

As for the rest of the parts, the gauntlets are next on my list to tackle and should go rather quickly and easily because I'll use my 3/4 scale kid gauntlets as a base. These are the same gauntlets currently being used by a few women and should fit an average sized female wrist comfortably.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

So I am definitely interested in the jetpack and the whole armor! I tried to PM you, but I've honestly never sent a PM on this forum, and I'm sure I didn't do it right. Lol. I've always wanted an approved BH costume. And especially seeing the trailer for the next season. I can't wait!! Sorry to keep bothering you. I appreciate the response. I'm a friend of Arturo's (Seeker). He's the one that pointed me towards you. :)

Ok, it's time to get started on the gauntlets and I'd like to have them done within the week since they appear pretty simple.
The dilemma I'm having is trying to figure out how they are going to open to allow a hand to slip in and out if they are constructed of fiberglass.
I've already started on the shell and will post progress pics when possible.
I'm estimating a typical 5' to 5'6" female forearm to measure 8" in length from the wrist to the break in the elbow.
It'd be nice if they could open and close like a Jango gauntlet, but I don't think the appearance of an exposed hinge would be acceptible by some people.
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas for the opening/closure system.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

I'm really not much of a costume builder but girl's hands are smaller than guys. Does it have to open and close like a Jango? If anything, I think a slip on gauntlet wouldn't be so bad, but it might not fit every girl...

And I know a few people out in my garrison that I think either use velcro (but cracks a bit from opening and closing) or earth magnets?

Actually I was thinking about the idea of a flexible slip-on gauntlet made in materials similar to the stunt blasters that are floating around out there.

I'm working on a similar Project

The Gaunttube is the same in every season anyway, only the Topboxes vary ;-)

For tinier Arms i suggest making two Circles out of EVA Foam. The Outerdiameter fits the Rear and Front opening of the Tube while the inner Diameter fits the Arm.
I experienced that Magnets are a bad decision for keeping up Gaunts. Especially when the Undersuit should be tight like Katan. Can loose connection and then "bam to the ground"

But i can also recommend interal elastic Strapping. Or a simple Failsafe hook made out of a Beltsnap attached on the inside of the Gaunt and sewn to the undersuits forearm.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back