3D model of Boba Fett's helmet?

kjetilhansen

New Hunter
Hello all! New here!

I am absolutely in love with the helmet of Boba fett! And as I understand there are two versions, the ROTJ and ESB. It seems like the only difference is the paint scheme? Mostly the big chip of paint that is missing under left eye.
There is also the dent! (love the name of the forums btw :whistle: )

But to the case; I really want to make this helmet! But I need it to be screen accurate, so the models that listed at thingiverse.com don't have any reassurances of the model is screen accurate so that wont be sufficient..

Do you know if there is any place I can find a model of the helmet (with the beautiful dent ofc)

ESB and ROTJ helmet shapes are actually completely but subtly different. The ESB helmet cheeks are flared out more prominently, and the brow has a subtle "wobble" to it where the ROTJ helmet is straight. It's similar to the differences between an ANH and ROTJ TK bucket. The physical damage is also different, but some people add that to their helmets at a later stage anyway so that's not as important.

It is true as you said, I found this thread that shows the differences. I did not see them as they are not that "major". But it is a older episode so it is understandable that the helmet seems more worn...

But I still feel I like the ROTJ best as this helmet has more crisp color and the green and red just blends perfectly.

But the way I thought was easiest for me is to 3D print the helmet and then either fiberglass it, or make it out of resin, but as I live in Norway we do not have as easy access to resins as you have.

How do you make it? 3D print or maybe clay?

If you really want to make it screen accurate take a lot of time to read over all the stuff here on the forums in regards to the helmets and their differences. It’s more than just paint as stated above

Also be sure to check out the gallery.

Yes that is what I am aiming for. I know that RafalFett have made a model that is screen accurate, but this have very low poly count when I import the model to slice it, There is a lot of flat surfaces...

The model he has provided is the ESB model. I have also found one at thingiverse that I almost curtain can verify is the same model, but by another user, it may have been ripped. I got a comparison of the two models and they seems very much the same.

But, as mentioned the two helmets are not identical, it is not only the paint. But I feel the right place for me to start is to print them as this will take a very long time. I have found several great threads her, with decals, I also found one that sells the decals on the side, also for both helmets.

But since the only model I have found is the low poly of ESB I guess this is the one I need to go for as I am not skilled enough to make the model myself.

1.JPG

2.JPG

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back