30 posts later!

dreadpyrat

Active Hunter
Hi all! Relatively new guy here. I've been posting a bit (up to 30ish now I think!) and just realized I should intro myself. I've been lurking around the site for about a decade I think. I'm 45, a Video Game maker, and former Lucasfilm employee who is a dormant but resurfacing Star Wars fan. working for the company took a little out of me, and then the Disney Trilogy all buy killed SW for me, but Mando and Clone Wars has pulled me back - been watching CW with my kids and finally see what all the fuss is about. Anyway, working on a Mando bucket and planning to do a Rex Phase 2 at some point. Glad to officially be here!
Rob

Welcome to the forum, Rob! There's some fantastic folks and amazing artists here on TDH. Hopefully all the discussions here help to fan that re-kindled SW fire in you. And I think if we're all honest, some of the movies have put all of us in a similar place of need on that front :lol:.

On a side, you had me wigging out this morning. I was looking through the board and then started seeing this Nordic skull all over the forum. I happened to be wearing a Per Welinder tee-shirt at the time, hence my confusion. Apparently, the 80's die hard for some of us, hence the Fett fandom. See ya around the board, mate.

Cheers,
Stephen

Welcome to the forum, Rob! There's some fantastic folks and amazing artists here on TDH. Hopefully all the discussions here help to fan that re-kindled SW fire in you. And I think if we're all honest, some of the movies have put all of us in a similar place of need on that front :lol:.

On a side, you had me wigging out this morning. I was looking through the board and then started seeing this Nordic skull all over the forum. I happened to be wearing a Per Welinder tee-shirt at the time, hence my confusion. Apparently, the 80's die hard for some of us, hence the Fett fandom. See ya around the board, mate.

Cheers,
Stephen

Thanks Stephen! Very cool that you were rocking the Nordic Skull! Not many of us recognize it anymore. I used to collect those decks - and at one point I had amassed a collection of over 40 variants. Now I limit myself to the odd figure or costume/prop piece. ;) Anyway, the 80s were indeed the height of cultural awesomeness.
Thanks for the kind welcome!
Rob

Welcome back to the slippery slope/Roller coaster ride that is Star Wars fandom. The new Clone Wars series and the Mandalorian series are definitely good reasons to get back into it. Going this route seems to have a brighter future than the movies for sure in their current state. Are you planning on building a full Din Djarin kit or just the bucket for a display piece?

Thanks Mythos! I'm starting with the bucket and will be adding fans and a mic/speaker setup and then I'll see if I want to go all the way. Knowing me, I will ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back