Unknown Found Parts

01Hawk

Active Hunter
I have been posting ( as well as others ) about various unknown found parts in my build thread. Figured maybe it would be more effective out in the open.

For me I am looking for the red quick connect on the jetpack/flamethrower , the yellow things on the side of the Supertrooper Uzi, the left most greeblie on the jetpack , the exposed flamethrower assembly / parts on the PrePro left gauntlet and the actual part for the jetpack beacon.

The red quick connects are just that - quick disconnects - you can tell that by looking at the hose on the left of the undressed Supertrooper reference pictures. Just a matter of find what it is from since it doesn't look like it was painted red and is smaller than a standard air hose quick connect.

The yellow things on the Uzi I have no idea and asked Steve Sansweet as well ( he has the Uzi)..

The left most greeblie looks like a bleeder/adjuster valve as it is also on the end of the Prepro flamethrower.

The exposed flamethrower looks a lot like various pilot assemblies for lighting gas grilles/furnaces/equipment. I can find similar igniters but not the fuel parts.

The Beacon was supposed to be a dental HVE device ( saliva extractor) and does look like one.

I'm not sure what is still unknown on the other versions.

Now I know which costume group must be hoarding all the expanders... the ROTJ Landos!
7D33F400-747B-420C-947C-ED5EFBFC6A50.jpg

Now I know which costume group must be hoarding all the expanders... the ROTJ Landos!
7D33F400-747B-420C-947C-ED5EFBFC6A50.jpg
Could be worse... Its better that they get put to good use rather than one of those things you find one the floor and say, "what the hell?" Then you throw it away. I can always find the downside to things[emoji38]

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

Last edited by a moderator:
For me I am looking for the red quick connect on the jetpack/flamethrower , the yellow things on the side of the Supertrooper Uzi, the left most greeblie on the jetpack , the exposed flamethrower assembly / parts on the PrePro left gauntlet and the actual part for the jetpack beacon.

The red quick connects are just that - quick disconnects - you can tell that by looking at the hose on the left of the undressed Supertrooper reference pictures. Just a matter of find what it is from since it doesn't look like it was painted red and is smaller than a standard air hose quick connect.

I've been looking for that little red quick connect also. So far, not much luck. I've found a few air brush quick connect set ups that are fairly close in size, but not quite right, and no red ones. As you've said, most that I've come across are way to big!

So I was searching for the red quick connect and I came across this. It is a Western-Enterprises QDB30 quick connect for welding equipment. I cant find good photos of it from the front so I cant tell if the brass is visible from the front like the unknown part. What do yall think?

Western-Enterprises-QDB30.jpg

So I was searching for the red quick connect and I came across this. It is a Western-Enterprises QDB30 quick connect for welding equipment. I cant find good photos of it from the front so I cant tell if the brass is visible from the front like the unknown part. What do yall think?

View attachment 160261

The problem with that is the design of the base below the knurled part and the top. The top is curved, whereas on the part on the costume it is flat. The base on this modern connector would slide in the same manner as the costume one as well. The line that feeds the fuel that the costume connector is used for is also a smaller diameter as well

Those quick connects that Drax found look like check valves also. If they were taken apart at the check valve end (lower portion) and mounted with the hex end at the base of the JP, it would look pretty close to what you have Hawk... By the way Hawk, your pieces look really good !!

IMG_8695.JPG
The knee darts were from a dental background I believe . They must have had a dentist on set . Expander , beacon and knees

This is fascinating! My cousin is a dentist and thinks it’s brilliant that they used bits like this, didn’t realise the knee darts where dental valves. She also reminded me I’m due for a check up...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back