"The Mandalorian" Stream Announced

5A3845DC-A70B-4D70-A719-58053E45159C.jpeg
Looking good.... so streamlined....

This sounds like it's going to be an refreshingly awesome story in the Star Wars universe (by that I mean it's not dealing with another civil war gripping the galaxy). They mention Boba and Jango buuuut didn't the new canon (unfortunately) de-associate them with Mandalorians for some reason? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Given that it says it takes place after the fall of the empire, is it too much to ask to get Boba out of the pit? Not like I've been waiting for that to happen for decades or anything like that...

Maybe this is convenient way to get him out (Boba) and get him back into the mainstream.

This sounds like it's going to be an refreshingly awesome story in the Star Wars universe (by that I mean it's not dealing with another civil war gripping the galaxy). They mention Boba and Jango buuuut didn't the new canon (unfortunately) de-associate them with Mandalorians for some reason? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! Given that it says it takes place after the fall of the empire, is it too much to ask to get Boba out of the pit? Not like I've been waiting for that to happen for decades or anything like that...

This photo is firing on all cylinders for sure. I haven't really followed any new canon material outside of Rebels and the movies, but if anything they have just avoided the Fett line all together let alone mention wether he was mando or not.

I'm in love with it (looking forward to Wasted getting started on the armor, chop chop ;) :)

I personally prefer this direction over a standalone Boba Fett film. I do think since this takes place after RotJ, pretty confident we'll see our favorite bounty hunter at some point or another. I think it'd be a disservice to have a Mandalorian show without Boba. Either way I'm excited to see what comes next.

I'm in love with it (looking forward to Wasted getting started on the armor, chop chop ;) :)

I personally prefer this direction over a standalone Boba Fett film. I do think since this takes place after RotJ, pretty confident we'll see our favorite bounty hunter at some point or another. I think it'd be a disservice to have a Mandalorian show without Boba. Either way I'm excited to see what comes next.

I don't think we will see Fett at all in this show. Casual references or nods yes maybe (actually hopefully) but to have Boba in a show called "The Mandalorian" and NOT be the main character feels more of disservice than just leaving him out altogether. Wouldn't be right, IMO, to have Boba play second-fiddle to someone else, it'd be better to leave him out completely other than the aforementioned callbacks/easter eggs/nods, etc.

With that said, I am super excited to watch this when it releases. I am loving the aesthetic, it has a very OT/R1 dirty vibe to it.

I like how plain jane the helmet is, looks like just a single metallic and not even a RF. And it either has opposite ears, or the image was mirrored for better framing. Very interesting.

I feel more like we wouldn’t see any Boba in any upcoming release until Disney decides if they are doing a movie of not... After all they seem to re-write the movies as they are made and they wouldn’t want anything contradictory prior to any movie release.
And with Fett its safer to keep him enigmatic (until they possibly?? ruin his image??) and instead play with the idea and imagery of Mandolorians, which keep a large portion of the fan base happy without the anger and trolling that seems so prevalent today...

Not as cool as Boba... but I think the costume designers realized that someone is going to have to spend extended time in this costume and made it far more ergonomic.

After reading some of the comments, I think this show is possibly a way for Disney to gauge how well the mainstream may want a Boba movie.

Thoughts?

I had a Nerd Boner when I saw this....... a good direction to go after a certain movie caused a division. I have heard nothing negative about this direction and happy JF is taking the helm on this. Please keep anyone called "Johnson" away from this one.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back