The Grant McCune Boba Fett Helmet

Wow, this is truly amazing.
Thanks Chris and Art for sharing the information and the fruit of your labor with the rest of us!
(y)

It is a pleasure to see this historical prop being handled with loving care by such capable hands. You guys are brilliant. Thanks for preserving things for future generations and current fans.

great read Art...I am so glad Chris is helping you with this project. Can wait to see all of the final pictures from Chris!!

WOW! Being a Boba Fett fan makes me smile seeing such dedication to an art of a character that totally kicks ***! I have just recently purchased the toy Boba Fett helmet from Wal-mart and am quiet pleased with the detail. The issue I am having is placing the proper head netting to make the helmet fit properly. I have used my old rock climbing head mounting system and thus far is works. If anyone has any suggestions I am open for a good discussion.

Great read Art.

Great work Chris!

I just love the rough look of this compared to all the idealized versions that we all get so used to seeing.

If it ever has babies consider me seriously interested!

Thanks!
(y)(y)

Wonderfull article!! this is for a Fett general education!!! good one guys!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great thread -- found trying to research the Grant McCune as seen on eBay. Thanks so much to Art and Chris for putting their experiences down for the rest of us!

This is a great thread -- found trying to research the Grant McCune as seen on eBay. Thanks so much to Art and Chris for putting their experiences down for the rest of us!

The one on EBay is a recast, you can get an original casted helmet from people like Asok, Darthvoorhees, Animefan and Fettpride.

The one on EBay is a recast, you can get an original casted helmet from people like Asok, Darthvoorhees, Animefan and Fettpride.

Skyfire -- thanks for the quick info!! I'm still in the looking (read: drooling) stage, but the eBay bucket looks to have had serious "clean-up" done on the original, at least from the pics posted here, giving it a bit of appeal for a noob like me ;-)

It is recast junk more than likely. The quality of these casts are typically less than desirable, often containing thin or weak spots and inferior casting materials. As well as the fact they ripped some other craftsman off....

I've always wanted a sub par helmet from eBay that appears to be crafted by a 6 year old. But I just bought helmets from TDH members who are actually talented and gifted.

syllander: Thanks for this insight!!
22ssplt:
I've always wanted a sub par helmet from eBay that appears to be crafted by a 6 year old. But I just bought helmets from TDH members who are actually talented and gifted.
omg, lmfao... stop, please! My sides are starting to hurt.

Thanks again guys, I do get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back