The Force Unleashed: Whats Your Verdict?

I preordered this from Target to get the cool wall graffix for our son. I haven't had much time to play it, but the time that I have had to check it out it seems to be pretty decent. Not a glitches for me.
I'll admit to loving other games it bit more, Gears and Army of Two but I love looking at the scenery and the goings on around you.
I had a tie fighter almost land on top of me as it came crashing out of the sky!!
On a personal note I am looking forward to Gears II come November!!! Bring IT!!!

I got it for the ps2(cause that's all I have that I can get the game on) and I would say the graphics are comparable to the JKJA games, I only experienced one glitch and I cant replicate it, Iw as rushing around and I ran into a tie wing(first SA mission) and got suck.

But yeah some things seem off but so far I have played it oh 5 times now and Iam missing 12 jedi holos. I love it, and I dident read anything about it except maybe a couple bits and pieces, I don't look into games before I have the game itself. That way I can be disappointed on my own and not let someone disappoint me before I even play the game.

SPOILER

The darth maul part should happen when you fight PROXY after he gets taken over by the droid planets computer.

He gets access to all kinds of information including darth maul. At least thats how it was in the book:)

I just got the game for the psp yesterday for my b-day its fun but it keeps getting freezing up and it starts the whole level over

I've got TFU for the 360 and haven't experienced any glitches. I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The story so far has been strong, as has the art design. The levels are gorgeous, and it's great to see the original trilogy look to everything. Of particular note, remember the security room on the Death Star the heroes hold up in for a bit? R2 uses it to discover the Princess. It's large with a big red stripe across it. A very 70's "high-tech" computer. Well, see that in the game just won me over completely! :D

(It's a lot better than the prequels so far i feel.)

Spoilers

well i love it! beat it already. fantastic story. great ending. the graphics are pretty good (PS3) all & all ill definetly play it many more times.
ive experienced only three glitches. i fell through a wall twice and a major *** glitch. i was fighting the emperor and i was against the sheild wall and he threw one of those things at me. it knocked me through the sheild wall and to the floor below where i could no longer fight back. it gets even stranger from here though. so i just wait for the emperor to kill me with lightning so i can start the fight again. he kills me and then it restarts me fighting not the emperor but vader (what you do if you choose the darkside instead of good) and when vader kills me im still restarted fighting him & not the emperor
so i had to restart the saved game inorder to finnish the game as a jedi.
tell me that aint a problem

The game specifically says, "Mandalorians," and the boss on Cloud City is a Mandalorian named Choop'aa or something like that. He's also on one of those Ballisk things.

the boss on the PS3 was a black royal guard
i wanna see mandos. i do have a bounty hunter suit that dose have mando chest armor

Hear! Hear! I second the motion!
I got a really nice liquid cooled overclocked custom PC... that can't run force unleashed.
(It'll run crysis at top FPS and resolution tho :) how many of you console gamers can say THAT! haha)

I was disgusted when I learnt that Lucasarts aren't releasing it for PC. I recently acquired a PC that makes consoles look like pocket calculators in comparison, and now I won't get to play the game.

Shame on Lucasarts for neglecting PC gamers.

Ok question for anyone whos beat it or far along.

SPOILER

How in the world do you pull down the star destroyer! I've tried countless times and always get shot down by the TIE fighters is there something special you have to do? I've got it close but then I keep having to retreat so I dont get killed.

Forcebewitya.

How in the world do you pull down the star destroyer! I've tried countless times and always get shot down by the TIE fighters is there something special you have to do? I've got it close but then I keep having to retreat so I dont get killed.

Yeah, that part was NOT fun. :facepalm

What you have to do is use the analog sticks to align the Star Destroyer directly towards you. Most of the time, the little icons on the bottom telling you what to do are WRONG. Just keep moving them around until it's facing you, and once the little icons say to pull down, pull both sticks down and hold them as long as you can. When the tie fighters come in and start shooting, take care of them fast. Repeat until the cutscene takes over.

Oh, and you REALLY have to take those ties out fast, while you're doing that, the SD realigns itself. If the SD goes too far off to one side, you're better of starting over.

God of War 3= The Force Unleashed.

At least, from what I played on the Wii version, I hope it is better for the 360.
Man that game was boring, repetitive, and the graphics were horrible (I know it is the Wii, but those things could have been way better, it reminded me of Jedi Academy, except that game was good) .

We bought the Wii version the first day it was available. This is the first time I have ever attempted to play a 3D video game, LOL. Yes I admit it. I am having a good time, for a long overdue newbie.

I do wish there was a 2 player function in the game. I am hooked now. It will probably take me forever to get to the end. Maybe I never will. *sigh*

Yeah, that part was NOT fun. :facepalm

What you have to do is use the analog sticks to align the Star Destroyer directly towards you. Most of the time, the little icons on the bottom telling you what to do are WRONG. Just keep moving them around until it's facing you, and once the little icons say to pull down, pull both sticks down and hold them as long as you can. When the tie fighters come in and start shooting, take care of them fast. Repeat until the cutscene takes over.

Oh, and you REALLY have to take those ties out fast, while you're doing that, the SD realigns itself. If the SD goes too far off to one side, you're better of starting over.

all right, thanks. My friend got really close last night but its hard near the end when it seems like Rom never tells you to pull it down anymore and you waste most of your time realigning it.

Forcebewitya.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back