Bossk The Ever-Elusive Webley Schermuly... Bossk's Relby V10 Blaster

Viper

Active Hunter
Posted this over on the RPF, figured I would drop it here as well.
As far as I know, @OdiWan72 is the only collector in the world who has an original Webley Schermuly Riot Gun/Multi-Purpose Gun.
It is my holy grail. Been searching for years, never really finding much.
Other than Star Wars, I don't know of any other film that has used a Schermuly other than Gamorrah. A Schermuly possibly showed up in the film but it has a different stock.

Every once in a while a news image of a scene in a war torn country in Africa shows someone holding one. I have found some interesting things lately, I am wondering if a lot of them are getting a make-over, similar to what Federal Labs did with the Webley No 1 Mk 1. Either that or these are just knock-offs that copy the design.
The base gun is pretty spot on, aside from some upgraded/changed furniture. I have seen various versions on company's websites from Pakistan, Israel, Bulgaria, China, etc.
Iran has the Hoshdar KP which are copies of the pistol version of the Webley Schermuly. They also have the Hoshdar TP which has the extended barrel, foregrip, and stock, which sounds like a copy of the Webley Schermuly (full length version) but I have not seen an image of that particular model to verify.
According to some things I read, it sounds like the Schermuly's spent some time in Northern Ireland with the British Army from the 60's to the 80's (not 100% on this)

Would absolutely love for feedback on anything else that y'all have found out on this elusive piece. It is a life-long goal of mine to own one. I am sure that trying to deactivate it and import it would be a huge pain, fingers crossed there is one of these floating around the USA....

One random link to an old auction with a pistol version of the Schermuly:

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/1154...OT_TESTED.html
02 38mm Anti-Riot Gun Model NARG38.png 509278535_EximZbI7HzeOZHbdjo9.jpg anti-riot-gun-solo.jpg download.png egypt-riot-police_3047169k.jpg LOCAL201312211612359242445484368.jpg pistols anti riot gun.jpg tear-gas-gun2.png tumblr_inline_obww5tMSFG1sa49ij_540.jpg watching-recommendation-slide-1VGJ-videoSixteenByNine768.jpg
02 38mm Anti-Riot Gun Model NARG38.png
509278535_EximZbI7HzeOZHbdjo9.jpg
anti-riot-gun-solo.jpg
download.png
egypt-riot-police_3047169k.jpg
LOCAL201312211612359242445484368.jpg
pistols anti riot gun.jpg
tear-gas-gun2.png
tumblr_inline_obww5tMSFG1sa49ij_540.jpg
watching-recommendation-slide-1VGJ-videoSixteenByNine768.jpg

I highly doubt, that this guy would let his Schermuly go PLUS his is the newer -chinese- knock off, not the accurate vintage riot gun!
(on the other hand...his helmet seems to be the model, that features the BF chin cup ;))

Back when I researched the Schermuly and checked out possible sources for these, I found pretty much all of the references posted by Viper.
I even contacted the chinese manufacturer for the Schermuly knockoffs and asked about availability and the chance of purchasing "legal" parts such as grip, barrel extension, shoulder stock etc.

It took several tries to receive any kind of reply, but they clearly stated that they sell to government as well as licensed security services ONLY.

The actual Webley-Schermuly anti riot gun was produced for the british government, but prooved to be very unreliable. Over a distance of 20meters, it couldn´t hit a man sized target (which isn´t an issue when you´re shooting with gas, but beanbags and/or rubber bullets!). Manfucaturing stalled and the british police as well as Webley sold their stock to other countries.

They are indeed still pretty common in Africa, esp. South Africa. Chris T. found a few in the hands of a private collector (who stopped communication at some point), while some occasionally pop up on auction sites.

Also found some in Ireland, Spain, India, Malaysia...

Last edited:
My holy grail of all things when it comes to props. I don't know if I will ever get my hands on one, but I will always be searching for one. Very happy to have OdiWan72 's kit, hope to get that finished soon.

Posted this over on the RPF, figured I would drop it here as well.
As far as I know, @OdiWan72 is the only collector in the world who has an original Webley Schermuly Riot Gun/Multi-Purpose Gun.
It is my holy grail. Been searching for years, never really finding much.
Other than Star Wars, I don't know of any other film that has used a Schermuly other than Gamorrah. A Schermuly possibly showed up in the film but it has a different stock.

Every once in a while a news image of a scene in a war torn country in Africa shows someone holding one. I have found some interesting things lately, I am wondering if a lot of them are getting a make-over, similar to what Federal Labs did with the Webley No 1 Mk 1. Either that or these are just knock-offs that copy the design.
The base gun is pretty spot on, aside from some upgraded/changed furniture. I have seen various versions on company's websites from Pakistan, Israel, Bulgaria, China, etc.
Iran has the Hoshdar KP which are copies of the pistol version of the Webley Schermuly. They also have the Hoshdar TP which has the extended barrel, foregrip, and stock, which sounds like a copy of the Webley Schermuly (full length version) but I have not seen an image of that particular model to verify.
According to some things I read, it sounds like the Schermuly's spent some time in Northern Ireland with the British Army from the 60's to the 80's (not 100% on this)

Would absolutely love for feedback on anything else that y'all have found out on this elusive piece. It is a life-long goal of mine to own one. I am sure that trying to deactivate it and import it would be a huge pain, fingers crossed there is one of these floating around the USA....

One random link to an old auction with a pistol version of the Schermuly:

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/1154...OT_TESTED.html
View attachment 160076 View attachment 160077 View attachment 160078 View attachment 160079 View attachment 160080 View attachment 160081 View attachment 160082 View attachment 160083 View attachment 160084 View attachment 160085
View attachment 160076 View attachment 160077 View attachment 160078 View attachment 160079 View attachment 160080 View attachment 160081 View attachment 160082 View attachment 160083 View attachment 160084 View attachment 160085
Great pics!

I am currently beginning a Bossk build and have exhausted all avenues to track one down. Is OdiWan72 still producing his kit?

Many thanks for any info!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back