General Texasbhoy - Supertrooper WIP

texasbhoy

New Hunter
Hiya! So I'm an official member over at the Mando Mercs with a custom mando named Parjai Droten. Long story short, I am going to start building a Supertrooper costume, and figured this would be a perfect place to keep a secondary WIP. You guys are an unbelievable wealth of knowledge. On my previous non-canon build I gained so much insight just by lurking here. I figure while doing a canon build I might as well post up with the pros.

Currently I do not have any photos, as I have just started the plans on this build. Below is the checklist I am using based on the Supertrooper CRLs for the Mando Mercs.
This list is not as detailed as I want just yet (especially for this forum), but it should give you all an idea of where I am at and what I plan. Any input is appreciated.

Helmet
NME Props Mercenary Lid - ordered

Flight suit
MoW flight suit
I had an extra from my first build that the tailor made legs and arms too short. I was planning on bleaching it out to be white. That failed miserably! It is now a translucent yellow!
Ordered a new suit this evening.

Neck Seal
MoW - Ordered

Flak Vest
Need a new one for this build.

Boots
MoW had some of the Pre-Production boots available - Ordered.

Chest Armor
RKD - Ordered
Left Chest - Fettronics - Ordered (are electronics needed for this build?)
Collar / Back connectors - RKD Greeblies (update planed)

Back Armor
RKD - Ordered

Shoulder Armor
RKD - Ordered

Cod Armor
RKD - Ordered
Cod / Kidney connectors - RKD Greeblies (update planed)

Kidney Armor
RKD - Ordered

Knee Armor
RKD - Ordered
Darts - RKD (update planed)

Left Gauntlet
RKD - Need to order

Right Gauntlet
RKD - Need to order

Jetpack
Not sure yet...

Ammo Belt
MoW - ordered.
Will need to create the wires box once I get Jetpack worked out.

Gloves
Not sure where I will get this yet

Hip Pouches
MoW- Included with Flight suit

Ankle Spats
MoW- Included with Flight suit

Shin Tool - Sonic Beam Weapon
Paterson Squeegee - Ordered

Shin Tool - Anti-Security Blade
Paterson Squeegee - Ordered
Need to find good replicas for the Michell Engineering stylus brush

Shin Tool- Survival Knife
Paterson Chemical Stirrer - Ordered

Shin Tool - Jetpack Adjustment Tool
Need to find replica

Autoblaster
Replica 1:1 size Uzi - ordered
Graflex 3-Cell Flash tube needed
Michell mid-height arm base (inside flash tube)
Left Side panel replica (3D Print) - printing - (update planed)
Right Side panel need
Rotring Sec-O-Mat - ordered
Paterson Chemical Mixer - ordered
Michell cone

Sling Blaster
Not started need everything

Once I start getting items in, and am able to begin the build I will update this with photos and other information.
Until then, thanks. Look forward to all the input that you all could provide.

In the screen test video for the supertrooper, he makes specific note of the electronics in the left chest, so they are definitely there for the ST. Glad to see more people embracing the white fett!

Scary necro thread. It has been over a year since I started this project.

I originally started this build to attend a friend's wedding. He had it "themed" and all guest had to wear an all white outfit. I figured why not do a Supertrooper. I started the build and got a good way into, but no where near complete. I had a little over two months I think when I started this.

The photo shows where I was at for the wedding (and currently still am). I know there are millions of things wrong with the build right now. I'm mainly posting up here as a way to help me keep motivation on restarting this build and to show where I am restarting from.

second-placement.png

Good luck my friend. Supertrooper is deceptively easy, but in practice it's so tough because everything is impossible to source.

It is off to a good start! I have a few Supertrooper parts of you still need them.. I hate being critical of anyone’s build but the helmet looks a bit tall or something. Maybe it’s just the picture? I have a Supertrooper that I have been working on a bit if you need any help.

It is off to a good start! I have a few Supertrooper parts of you still need them.. I hate being critical of anyone’s build but the helmet looks a bit tall or something. Maybe it’s just the picture? I have a Supertrooper that I have been working on a bit if you need any help.
You're not crazy, I see it too.

texasbhoy The suit is looking off to a great start though. Supertroopers are always special.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back