SupRsloth's ESB Fett Build

Finally got some more parts to work on. Got my boots from Imperial Boots and main body hard parts from Animefan.

Started with an attempt at weathering the boots. Do they look dark enough? It's super hard to tell what the right color should be looking at the reference photo boots (way to many different lightings in the pictures I've found.)

Before Picture
kS5ARD-nryHKSrKCptUWUN_6sPc4derUwd2AqYNIfSwgHIvvbOQeicgl97w?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

After Picture
-OHNOY24evbyzM0F4FUSAN1Jnm8R-8Zx4Qd67wI9lQkWagGB5pLWFt0xZXg?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Hard parts came rough trimmed..... Just need to finish trim and sand prior to starting to paint.
vuHcqTPggUCrh03vwTz-VQVf5cpcGaAJTlkJjqwWxUWPJ5OW0oBAAIVak9w?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Things are shaping up here. Like hvacdon said I would weather those boots some more. Weathering is scary but the boots are one thing you gotta just go all out on. His boots are the most weathered part of him and then it fades up the calves and shins into the jumpsuit so you want to start pretty dark. Also try to add some variety in how you are weathering. It’s looking really really smooth. You want it to look accidental and mismatched. Here’s a pic of mine. I’m no professional painter by any means but I think they match my flightsuit well and have a nice blend. The boot to flightsuit blend took me ages...

C4B93D5C-4D41-435D-BF53-21E014808908.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback!

Take two. I feel like I went a bit crazy with the weathering. I'm used to being orderly so this is pretty challenging. Look better?
eXHHht0LCYx7zFFPrYScZrfMI6C8xBhn0FMF4L7ZnM-8FTdG59em2K6UkXQ?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

VNk72W650s-9wsasZcyzN1KLU8W-sSh1XQznUJT9E9zmnLdXCfMswuU6tYA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Looking Awesome SS !! Much better. Tell everyone how you did it !!

Thank Sir! The original coats were all air brushed on with a charcoal black. After the first round of feedback I went back with a second coat with the air brush. I'm not good at being sporadic with the air brush so I moved onto using a medium sized paint brush. I did a wet on wet with the pain brush to try to make the random look. Then went back over everything with a larger brush with very little paint on it to try to spread everything out. Last I used a toothbrush to splatter paint on the soul of the boot. You can see that best in the first picture. I think overall it's way too splotchy compared to the reference photos but it definitely looks dirty :).

I wasn't happy with the patchiness of the last attempt so here's take 3. I used a large brush and put on light coats of a dark grey and used repeated brush strokes to blend everything in. The black patches still comes through and add a bit of depth. I'm much happier with the way they're looking now.
SiV1oVDhHnOPQ?width=4048&height=3036&cropmode=none.jpg

Finally got a bit more work done. Started off with adding some cross linked packing tape to the inside of the armor to strengthen areas and hopefully avoid cracks long term. Then did a rattle can coat of white primer. Finally painted the main colors on all of the major pieces of armor (still have to do the connection pieces and knee darts). The only color I'm not happy with is the center chest diamond. The paint guide I was using said to use Humbrol Green 78 which looks too light to me compared to the references. I think it should be darker than the other chest pieces. Any thoughts? What Humbrol Color should it be?

ANbuotU0BWeVXwp0c5Rfyxio16IfqM-nKl0081mLvQlg6KDGSxG0k8WT-hA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

gotNSKVD0NsOgqNJSUy9wnV1KkOL5ZMTc7CSiUyZKmNFlF7vMXVELthk59w?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Finished adding damage to the back piece, collar, and right chest plate. Painted the studs (leaving the collar studs white with one red on top, and the cod piece connectors silver) and then clear coated all the parts. Just in time for my flight suit to arrive in the mail tomorrow!
ejiG91cYUd8uMjokihLmMyltfSusLKmA44-CzEcKAoahg1uUKFhB4OHBmcA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Z94O3HkfOvDiwJPi5vbiPrIvTGTmZ_6E1raHZF3n-hdNFXH2YHqsDSmlJ0Q?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Needed a break from painting so started assembling what I've completed so far.

Started with assembling locking pins in nylon and gluing to the armor pieces with E6000
c3td_y3ZsBiiP0I9oja5QrM_2ZRkIxTrmPAVWChhcRXL9XEGf51_hT_DPzw?width=4048&height=3036&cropmode=none.jpg

Then assembled all the chest pieces to the flack vest.
p9qC8U8RBQ8aV3A8YTImz67Q2f_3Fcb-N-MkoobBAqNQT9yfYMyiOXIe4NQ?width=4048&height=3036&cropmode=none.jpg

EYRaJtTiNlDp0975AOhxQVF2tlYO_9v7-ej0rhvi5TdvJ2ZMAiAtKH8-acA?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Similar approach for the Boba thong only I used a T-Nut and Screw combination to assemble a cheap nylon/velcro belt to the kidney plate.
QdNWOrkezlbYjScFkrWUNIBQd0Jyf9LuylaUmx8LsOut7eQJGhYgic_ON0w?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

Lastly I did a test fit of everything with the flight suit. I had used magnet for the back plate and quickly learned I needed to upgrade to a more powerful magnet to get them to attach properly. Replaced those magnets and am waiting for them to fully dry before doing another test fit. I'm thinking everything seems to be set up OK. Thoughts?
xv9vWqMO0kKdiN6qK_jtKFpeH2itWbPTWDgJkhciASWsAIs0HDH9yhUvz9w?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

8t6-kXXgRTZgPdaQIbhPrzvyALlRP2rmSeg-TNKPf9b67C1-XOEZ9DXPvgg?width=3036&height=4048&cropmode=none.jpg

From this picture I am also quickly realizing I must have a super short neck. :p Lots of work to still do on the flight suit itself. Weathering, fill the pockets, etc. I also need to order a chest display. Any recommended vendors out there?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back