Superjedi's "Hybrid" FPH2 ESB

Amazing! I showed off the progress to some friends at EA and they were all blown away... Incredible work, Eric! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Final weekend update. I finished up the pale contrasting gray. This seems to be concentrated in certain areas, but there is a bit scattered around the helmet. These shots show the most noticeable locations. First, the right rear panel.

IMAG5454_1.jpg

Next is the dent.

IMAG5453_1.jpg

Finally, the curve of the right cheek. There's also some above the visor opening.

IMAG5455_1.jpg

I'll continue on with other weathering effects next, such as the white thumbprints and the "grease stains."
I have also prepped and primed the ear parts.

Thanks! It's coming along. . .

I did several of the "effects" stages earlier. First up is the smudge/stain on the right side of the dome. This is a subtle feature, done primarily by dry brushing some Tarnished Black, with a few darker areas added.

IMAG5463_1.jpg

Next is the "crack repair." I simulated this using a beige/khaki color. After the final clear coat, there will be an additional stage involving some clear orange. That will simulate some of the epoxy that oozed from the crack.

IMAG5460_1.jpg

Visible above are the white thumbprints. Whatever the origin, they're visible on screen shots from ESB, so on they go!
Here's a better view.

IMAG5461_1.jpg

Finally, I did the fade below the killstripes. This is more evidence of a repair done on the fly during the original paint up. Again, this feature can be seen in screen shots. It's very subtly visible in the above picture, but when the light catches it at a different angle, it pops into view.

IMAG5462_1.jpg

Whew! Pretty much all that's left are the "grease stains" on the rear of the helmet, and a final weathering application of a dark wash and some pastels.
The primer on the ears is nice and hard so I can begin detailing those, too. It's getting really close now!

Thanks, guys! :)
There isn't much left to do on the helmet itself besides the "grease stains" and final weathering. But I need to get the ears done so I can do the weathering all at once so everything looks even. The ears have been base coated for a while now, and I had some time to begin the detail work.
I started with the lower RF ear part.

IMAG5481_1.jpg

Here's another angle showing the bottom facet. The pics are coming out oddly pixelated for some reason . . . there will be much better shots coming once the helmet is complete.

IMAG5482_1.jpg

I added the "DV" marking at the top using some of my dry transfers, which are for sale in the Cargo Hold! (Shameless plug. . . :cool:)

IMAG5484_1.jpg

I also masked off the white arch on the left ear. In this pic, I have both Scott's and Daniel Logan's ears.
You can just make out the masking fluid. It looks more shiny than the base color.

IMAG5479_1.jpg

As of now, the masking has been removed, and I've just started detailing the left ear.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back