Superjedi's FPH2 ESB for Covafett

Thanks, all! I know that this is soooo boring for Buda. . . but he'll get his wish soon. :D
I finished up the cheeks over the last couple of days. I block in the dark outer cheeks by hand, using a 1/2" brush.
I've read that the original was done this way *shrug*

The right cheek doesn't have too much going on, but the placement of the damage is important to the overall look.
Here are 2 angles.

IMAG5920_1.jpg

IMAG5922_1.jpg

There's a bit more detail to do on the left cheek, including that strange slightly darker gray along the outer curve.
Another couple of angles below.

IMAG5924_1.jpg

IMAG5923_1.jpg

So now, the next stage is. . . . . . . . . red!

LOL. OK, Matt, you asked for it. :cool:
I finished the cheeks early enough that everything was dry for masking, so I laid down the base red.

IMAG5925_1.jpg

IMAG5926_1.jpg

I'll let this dry overnight and begin on the damage tomorrow.

Indeed!
And some damage to go along with it. I did the keyslot area and the center part of the band.
I always like to break the band up into 3 portions. Makes it easier to focus on the details in each part.

IMAG5934_1.jpg

IMAG5935_1.jpg

IMAG5936_1.jpg

I'll work on the left portion of the band next.

Yeah, I just get in the zone sometimes, lol.
Got the left section of the band done. This will change appearance a bit once the thumbprints are added because
the white kind of streaks back and blends some of the detail.

IMAG5942_1.jpg

The right section is already in work and it should be done by tomorrow.

Got the final "behind the ears" portion of the band done. Lots of gray on this side.

IMAG5945_1.jpg

I also had time to begin on the front. I break the front half up into sections as well.

IMAG5954.jpg

From here I'll work my way across the "brow" above the visor opening.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back