General Starting Zam

Velcro test complete. It seems that it works

guantes_zpsu8ofmyfs.jpg

Now, the thumbplates.

For the boots, I've found this leather pieces. Do you think that the color combination is fine?

bota_zpstphdtrbz.jpg

Are you going for 501st approval? If so, then I'd darken your strip to match the boot (close counts I think). If you aren't looking to be in the 501st and just wanting a similar look, then I'd say it's ok to me. But you know, mirval, I'm doing the best I can, same as you on this costume. :)

More stuff going on

guantes_zps4vqcfm5t.jpg

The embroidery keeps hidden under the gauntlet.

estomago2_zpsfuxsroxb.jpg

Next steps: finish the handplates, retouch the stomach plate, finish the boots and test the new product for the helmet. I will try in a earcup, if it fails, I can repeat this separate piece.

I'd love to hear how you're going about the helmet. The resin (coated fiber too) sticks to my glove and I look like Frodo in the spider's web from Lord of the Rings. It's coming along, but slowly. But maybe that's how it works, yes? Kinda a bummer that no one volunteered their experience with resin, I didn't know that I'd get higher than a kite using this evil stuff.

Different kinds of resin are available. Some stink, some don't.
There are so many tutorials and reviews on youtube. Did you check there?

Here is one for example:

Part one:

Part two:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bookmarked cerealkill3r studios. This guy speaks plainly and doesn't drone on using technical terms most people can't understand. Thank you for the links, hasencharte.

Here is my bodysuit! My tailor doesn't want to give it to me until the vest and cummerbund are finished to check all.

Too much thick, but soft and comfortable.

Not finished yet:

traje%20sin%20montar_zpswd0agmof.jpg

Finished and topped off:

traje_zpsvschdtxf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get any of it on you, Goo Gone takes it off. Just a FYI that helps keep you from being a sticky mess (happens even with gloves!).

Well, I bought Goo Gone...

I need some help and advice. I made this piece for the helmet, and I would like to know if I'm in the right way. Do you think is good? It's made of kato policlay, so I can remake it before do it sturdy in oven.
adornocasco_zps0m7u7xtg.jpg

Got an oval cookie cutter? I've been sifting through my kids playdough stuff for round and oval cutters to use. Also, feel free to downoad the image I posted of the 5 little greeblie things on the helmet. I revised a couple of them to look right. My oval maybe a bit thin, but that's why I was suggesting the playdough or cookie cutter. Hobby Lobby has sets of oval shapes for clay molding, but I think cast off play dough ones will work fine for me.

If those suggestions aren't useable, then may I suggest wetting your fingers and smoothing out the edges? They're just a bit bumpy. The symbols are fine as far as I can tell.

No oval cookie cutter! I haven't got one, so I make with my fingers and modeling tools. Therefore the edge are bumpy, but I can make it smooth.

I am worried for the symbols. What about this?

adornocasco2_zps18ac7tzr.jpg

I have no references, so imagination power! :facepalm

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back