ROTJ SE (Battlefront ver!) for J.J. Ritter

Artakha

Active Hunter
Hi everyone,

I was offered a paint commission to do all the hard parts for a ROTJ SE that will be partially based on the Battlefront Boba Fett. Initially the helmet was going to be painted by SuperJedi, but then I was offered the opportunity to continue that helmet as I was willing to go for more of a creative Battlefront look.

The soft parts and jetpack are made by BobaMaker, and upon my return to New England I should be receiving the helmet and the rest of the armor which are all made by Wasted Fett.

While the Battlefront Boba Fett is largely accurate to the ROTJ SE, the idea that we're going for is a more battle weathered Fett, with a lot more aggressive weathering and scratching, along with some additional detail that is not on the screen used armor.

I received the soft parts from BM, here are some pictures of his fine stuff (they came weathered.)

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG
IMG_3404.JPG
IMG_3405.JPG

I also received his jetpack, which I have been working on for the past few weeks:

IMG_3401.JPG

It's very professionally made and delivered, with almost no need for any cleanup or other prep work.

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG
IMG_3399.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG

The rocket tip here is probably the most noticeable aspect of the Battlefront version on the jetpack: The clear red of the rocket is almost covered by brown. Although not noticeable in the advertised photo of Fett, it was something the customer requested from screenshots of the character directly from the game.

IMG_3390.JPG

To be continued!

Last edited:
You’re going to do an amazing job on this!

Though, I would like to mention if he’s trying to get 501st approved I would walk the line carefully as the battlefront version is not a CRL which would not be approved. Even if he submitted as a RoTJ SE Fett, depending on the GML he could still be denied due to having things not being accurate to the CRL.

You’re going to do an amazing job on this!

Though, I would like to mention if he’s trying to get 501st approved I would walk the line carefully as the battlefront version is not a CRL which would not be approved. Even if he submitted as a RoTJ SE Fett, depending on the GML he could still be denied due to having things not being accurate to the CRL.

I definitely agree. I do think he plans to get into the 501st, but has strong opinions on how his suit should look. I think from looking at the CRL that everything we're planning to tweak will still allow him into the 501st, since color and weathering is to a certain degree a matter of taste.

This should be good! I love how they colored his model in that game to have the silver exposed and be a chrome like appearance

I would double check with the BHG just to be sure they’d approve the suit before putting all that work in. I know they’re in the middle of upgrading all their CRLs with Pantone colours, and a few other specifics, so a quick message wouldn’t hurt.

I definitely agree. I do think he plans to get into the 501st, but has strong opinions on how his suit should look. I think from looking at the CRL that everything we're planning to tweak will still allow him into the 501st, since color and weathering is to a certain degree a matter of taste.

That's an understatement for sure!

Depending how carried away he wants to get it'll be harder to get 501st approval.

I would double check with the BHG just to be sure they’d approve the suit before putting all that work in. I know they’re in the middle of upgrading all their CRLs with Pantone colours, and a few other specifics, so a quick message wouldn’t hurt.

That's an understatement for sure!

Depending how carried away he wants to get it'll be harder to get 501st approval.

I didn't know about the possibility of the colors being standardized, thank you for adding that.

I mentioned this to the customer, and I tried to persuade him that at least long term he would want to be able to get into some of these costuming groups, but to him having the suit look how he wants takes priority. I'm still going to ask about updates to the CRL, to know where I would be overstepping.

I didn't know about the possibility of the colors being standardized, thank you for adding that.

I mentioned this to the customer, and I tried to persuade him that at least long term he would want to be able to get into some of these costuming groups, but to him having the suit look how he wants takes priority. I'm still going to ask about updates to the CRL, to know where I would be overstepping.

All the CRLS will be getting the PMS colors added. Though, to be specific of SE it won’t have it for awhile, almost till maybe a lot of the other BH CRLS are green. I spoke to Amy about this and that was the answer I was given as I was expecting the CRL to receive changes as I have been tailoring my Promo shoot SE Fett to the anticipated changes. Due to the CRL, turning green last year, changes won’t be happening but eventually yes.

I agree, having something the customer is happy with is more important than 501st membership. I don't think slight changes in colors would harm the approval process I think it's the additional detailing that would throw it off.

All the CRLS will be getting the PMS colors added. Though, to be specific of SE it won’t have it for awhile, almost till maybe a lot of the other BH CRLS are green. I spoke to Amy about this and that was the answer I was given as I was expecting the CRL to receive changes as I have been tailoring my Promo shoot SE Fett to the anticipated changes. Due to the CRL, turning green last year, changes won’t be happening but eventually yes.

I agree, having something the customer is happy with is more important than 501st membership. I don't think slight changes in colors would harm the approval process I think it's the additional detailing that would throw it off.

Thank you both for your input -- I think that from what I'm initially hearing from everyone as regards CRL changes and from the customer means that this will be approvable. I think it would be fantastic if so. Still, what he wants as the look goes takes priority so we will see how it turns out.

I finished this a few days ago and have been really happy with how the jetpack turned out. The colors really remind me of the pictures we see of the jetpack in the Visual Dictionary. Overall I don't feel like it's obvious to anyone in what ways this might differ from a ROTJ SE, which in my mind is a good thing.

Pic dump!

FullSizeRender 2.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4276.JPG
IMG_4283.JPG
IMG_4287.JPG
IMG_4292.JPG
IMG_4303.JPG
IMG_4304.JPG
IMG_4318.JPG
IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4321.JPG
IMG_4323.JPG
IMG_4327.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG
IMG_4333.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back