ROTJ build from here in the UK

I've been having a play with the electrics this weekend and thanks to the good people on here for pointing me in the right direction with the gauntlet lamp and the dropper
IMG_20181216_203512_582.jpg

I've also been working on the jetpack putting it together and test fitting all the greeblies, filling it and Sanding it all down then washing it ready for this weekend coming up when I can get the 1st layer of primer on it
Screenshot_20181214-185853_Gallery.jpg
IMG_20181216_194535_030.jpg

Thanks MasterBlaster23 I have no idea where to start so I'm just gonna kind of wing it! Any advice on colours and technique would definitely be greatly appreciated
I found it helpful starting with the blue. Once that was done I was able to mask off the majority of the jetpack and it was nice to see such a huge chunk done. Don't rush and weather as you go. Looks like you have done a ton of research and I know you will nail it!

I found it helpful starting with the blue. Once that was done I was able to mask off the majority of the jetpack and it was nice to see such a huge chunk done. Don't rush and weather as you go. Looks like you have done a ton of research and I know you will nail it!
Thanks man, fingers crossed it turns out alright, im really looking forward to getting started.

That voltage step down module looks just like the one I sent to Tennantlim !! You might want to readjust the output a little, you're
outputting 7.3v and that lamp is rated for 6 volts. Coming very good there Zom !!

That voltage step down module looks just like the one I sent to Tennantlim !! You might want to readjust the output a little, you're
outputting 7.3v and that lamp is rated for 6 volts. Coming very good there Zom !!

Indeed it is the same one. He reached out to me on Instagram after I posted mine and I pointed him in the direction. :)

I thought it was too high but I don't know how to turn it down, I turned the little screw but nothing happened, I may have a faulty one so gonna order another just in case

Last edited:
Very nice !! The black buttons select either the incoming or leaving voltage to be displayed on the readout. The button you were turning is called a potentiometer, which varies the voltage resistance for the board. If you're ok with the brightness of the lamp, running at 5v will make the battery last a little longer. If you're not worried about the battery usage, you could bump the voltage to 6v to make the lamp a little brighter...:D

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back