Resurrecting an Old Fett - New Member

hsmoke

New Hunter
Hi all!
My name is Hunter. I recently acquired an older SE Fett costume from a fellow member of my 501st garrison. He built this costume back around 2008 and got it approved in the 501st. Since then, lots of discoveries have been made and I'm trying to get this costume back up to standards. I've attached pictures of the costume in its current state, which I think is really pretty fair. He wanted to hang onto the helmet so my main task is painting a new one. I got a Terminal Fettler and to be honest I'm pretty nervous to paint it lol.
So far, this is my to do list:
-Paint the helmet
-attach the third hose and connector on the right gauntlet
-get new darts for the right gaunt
-replace the flightsuit (bobamaker or arkady?)
-get a new pre-pro 2 style left knee
-paint touch ups where necessary
Anything else you guys see that needs to be done?

boba_back.jpg
boba_left.jpg
boba_right.jpg
IMG_4184.JPG

looks nice, but here are a couple of things i would change: weathering, mostly the flake vest and the flight suit (looks a lot better the more dirt it's on it) looks like the jetpack harness hangs a bit low, but other than that is looks ok

Thanks for the feedback. Should the clips for the pack be up almost flush to the slots? I’ll be getting a new flightsuit so I’ll work on that when it gets here but as far as the flak vest how do people usually weather it? Coffee? Tea? Real dirt?

I use either airbrush the soiled garments, or use a filthy weathering like Adam Savage does with double-shot of expresso with coffee grounds:

airbrush is the way to go (y) but you can also fill up a water sprayer with water and black color/dirt and spray it over the area (helps a lot if the cloth is wet)

Thanks guys! I don’t have an airbrush, so I’ll have to go with the more natural weathering with the spray bottle

You can also mist with spray paint to weather the soft parts. Whatever process you use, step back often and take pictures so you can evaluate... For the weathering to show on screen the suit had to be pretty dirty.

I literally found paint I liked put it in a towel folded it and got towel wet the harder you push the more paint you get out and the lighter for fine areas worked great for me

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Lots of things have been happening as I try to get this ready for a con in April.
Flak vest has been dirtied up a bit
New flightsuit ordered from Arkady
New Braids have come in from Woodman
The helmet about 2/3 painted

Welcome. You off nice start that is for sure. The painting /weathering comes with time and practice. Make sure to do it on old clothes and figure out what techniques you like best before hitting your vest and suit.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back