Ammo Belt Question about snaps

Chris4321

Active Hunter
Hey TDH!

I just received my snaps from tangyleather and I am curious on what's the best way to attach them to my MoW belt (SE 2 snaps /14 pouches)?

I was considering just drilling a hole out and fitting them like that with JB weld to keep them down, not sure if that's the best idea though. It doesn't matter if those 2 pouches are functional or not as the rest of them will be. Please send me some good advice! Thanks

-Chris

These are the snaps

line-24-snaps-brass-plate-1263-01a-600_430.jpg

attachment.jpg

Belt before I got the 2 extra pouches in

its a Man of War belt

The best method would be to use a leather punch to make the hole. For the snaps themselves, there is a special tool for attaching them. Did your set of snaps not come with one? They usually do, but they can be found at Walmart or Hobby Lobby. It consists of a small, metal, concave disk and a metal punch that you hit with a hammer to crimp the pieces together.

The best method would be to use a leather punch to make the hole. For the snaps themselves, there is a special tool for attaching them. Did your set of snaps not come with one? They usually do, but they can be found at Walmart or Hobby Lobby. It consists of a small, metal, concave disk and a metal punch that you hit with a hammer to crimp the pieces together.

well

I ordered the wrong snaps anyhow as they are 5mm and I am pretty bobas are the 8mm ones. Though, buying the snaps I did not get the tool either.

Not sure what size are required. My kit is regular ROTJ. You might be able to find the snaps and tool at the places mentioned previously, if those places are available to you. Are they supposed to be gold or are they painted brown/black?

Not sure what size are required. My kit is regular ROTJ. You might be able to find the snaps and tool at the places mentioned previously, if those places are available to you. Are they supposed to be gold or are they painted brown/black?

I'll check walmart tomorrow when I head to the gym, I am not 100% sure on the size either but have sent a PM to someone who regularly makes the SE belt. It will be painted over.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back