Promoting the Solo Movie

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
So I just about managed to get my Chewie ready in order to promote the Solo movie at my local cinema. Whilst I am really happy with how it turned out, I now have a list as lonf as my arm of things to tweek, modify and change. The bottom of my legs still really bug me as I wear stilts and have tree trunk legs. Still thats something I'll be hard put to change and so will just accept it. The other really buggy thing as not wearing a long sleeved black tee shirt. You can see the mesh fabric where the wind caught my arm hair.

I started this project back in 2005 but got bored with it and never thought I'd finish it. Then the Solo movie was advertised so I got working on the mask again and finally finished it. Finsh is the wrong word as we never truly ever finish our costumes lol. Really happy with the mask though :D

C4fUMPd.jpg

zfG9IbR.jpg

fZ5HNCO.jpg

Thanks TK50175. So the fibreglass skull was made by a guy called Ryan Jenkins but only comes as base. I spent a few weeks creating the movable jaw, attaching the hair and the gums and teeth. I tried making a snarl mech for the upper lip but this made it too difficult to open the mouth so I ditched that element

0LPLwkd.jpg

Thanks for the picture! So the chinn is used for opening the jaw...very interesting! Is it difficult to attach the hair? I have no idea how to manage that so it looks cool. The whole hair thing ist what keeps me away from bulding Chewie.

TK50175. Thanks again for the kind words. The hair is either latch hooked on or siliconed in place. I have created a fb blog to document elements of my build if you interested in browsing. There is a lot of additonal stuff on there but if you scroll down you'll see the build posts :)
Ronin's Chewbacca

TK50175. Thanks again for the kind words. The hair is either latch hooked on or siliconed in place. I have created a fb blog to document elements of my build if you interested in browsing. There is a lot of additonal stuff on there but if you scroll down you'll see the build posts :)
Ronin's Chewbacca

Thank you! Yout WIP on Facebook is very inspiring! The more I read the more I can imagine to build one. The same with Boba...it took me some time reading but then everything seemed to be clear and I just did it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back