Pinface's Jango Fett Costume WIP

From what I can tell from a 3D rendering they look ok. They will take some adjustments once they are printed if they come out exactly like the image. The hose housing that is on top will take some reshaping to round it off and smooth it out just for instance.

I have Jango Fett knowledge but I have zero 3D printing knowledge.

The beauty with 3D is that you can alter a lot of things, and luckily I haven't started printing it so there's plenty of time to fix things like this!

So @Mullreel , does any of these alterations please your eye socket? Or should I push on past a Fillet (rounding) of 7mm?

1. Fillet = 0 mm (original)
1.jpg

2. Fillet = 2 mm
2.jpg

3. Fillet = 5 mm
3.jpg

4. Fillet = 7 mm
4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have been playing around with different samples of leather for the flak vest. I want to test my own abilities and see if I can make something decent when it comes to fabric, otherwise I will consider to get a tailored one.

But now I need your help! The pain of choosing the right color and texture. The pictures are not in UHD unfortunately, but I hope that they will get a little insight of what I have in my possession.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Which one of these 5 should work out the best? Been changing my mind over and over, and it's getting hard to decide hahah

Tried to take the pictures in different light

- - - Updated - - -

7.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Picture bomb!

Been working on the thigh armor and cod piece. Rub 'n' Buff + a little test weathering. For the weathering I used a black spray can and lightly sprayed the edges, then quickly rubbed off around 80% with a dry paper cloth. Would like to hear your opinon about it, if it's worth doing on the rest of the armor (not on the helmet tho)

1.jpg2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And also, a little work on the blaster.

8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg

Would also like to hear your opinion on the "rust" that showed up unexpectedly on the edges. I think it could work out great if I find a way to tone it down a bit and also add a duller filter on top of it.

Weathering technique looks pretty good. I'm more in favor of acrylic washes myself, but I like the look you got going there.

I'll be doing the same thing this week with those rubies blasters, though I'm not going to do a full complete overhaul, just a paintjob. I don't know if you were planning to paint the grips a different color but if so, next time I'd suggest painting that part first, clear coat it, THEN mask it off to apply the rub and buff. I say this because R&B likes to come off if you apply masking tape over it, thus resulting in blemished areas which may require you to re-do it again. I am going to paint the grips in a gun-metal color myself, based off of the MR versions I used to own.

Yeah I noticed that aswell, so I will have to redo the RnB on everything except for the part that I weathered. Thank god that it's detachable so that I don't need to redo that aswell. The current paint is just a primer, I was going to paint the handle when I found out about the masking.

Redo and relearn!

Weathering technique looks pretty good. I'm more in favor of acrylic washes myself, but I like the look you got going there.

I'll be doing the same thing this week with those rubies blasters, though I'm not going to do a full complete overhaul, just a paintjob. I don't know if you were planning to paint the grips a different color but if so, next time I'd suggest painting that part first, clear coat it, THEN mask it off to apply the rub and buff. I say this because R&B likes to come off if you apply masking tape over it, thus resulting in blemished areas which may require you to re-do it again. I am going to paint the grips in a gun-metal color myself, based off of the MR versions I used to own.

Yeah I noticed that aswell, so I will have to redo the RnB on everything except for the part that I weathered. Thank god that it's detachable so that I don't need to redo that aswell. The current paint is just a primer, I was going to paint the handle when I found out about the masking.

Redo and relearn!

I hear ya. It's a good paint when used correctly, but it's messy. The unfortunate side affect

I'm back with a little bit of progress. My gloves arrived a while ago, cut off the lining and it fits like a glove! (pun intended)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

I have also printed mostly everything on the right gauntlet! There are parts that aren't 100% correct, but I am more than happy with what I got, so I'm going with this! In the long run I might purchase a more accurate pair.

Too bad that the pictures are potato quality, but if you're interested in better quality just let me know!

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Those are looking good. I haven't seen a set of 3D printed Jango gauntlets that I am aware of, but those are bad at all.

About the gloves....they will turn your hands blue when you wear them for a bit and sweat in them. But it will lessen after a few troops. With out the liner it just happens.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back