Photobucket- WTF?

clmayfield

Active Hunter
So photobucket now requires you to pay $40 a month to show photos on forums? Who were the marketing geniuses behind this one? I was willing to pay $5 a month, but $40? Have they lost their minds? I guess I need to refamiliarize myself with Imgur, Tinypic, ImageShack, or whatever else I was using before.

Just found out about this late yesterday. . . to say I'm pi**ed is an understatement. All of my progress threads and tutorials are now image-less. :angry
Not sure what I'm going to do just yet. I'll try to figure out a way to restore the photos once I find a good image host.

It's annoying isn't it because countless threads across multiple forums will now be empty of images. It's a shame existing images didn't get grandfathered in.

Old pictures are still there on my thread but I haven't been able to get photobucket to work for a while now, I switched to imgur but I am open to suggestions for an alternative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so how do you do that? I am old and need a step by step please :)

In the window where you type your text there's a tool bar on the top. The 3rd from the right icon is the Insert image (picture with a tree?) option, and from there you can choose to upload from a computer or from an URL (internet link):
Image Upload.jpg

(Tip: click the image to enlarge, or right click the image and choose Open image in new tab or window).

IMG_2974.JPG
Ok, cool! Now if I can figure out why it's sideways....
Thanks Rafal! Now I don't have to bother with another site :) I had no idea that I could do that.

My journal thread is no more then :facepalm almost 60.000 views and countless responses, kind words and feedback....... gone

thanks a bunch Photobucket, this will take a long time to re upload all that.....

60K hits since 2015 is impressive.

I was really proud of that to be honest, so much great feed back, inspire others etc... I do have it all on paper copy in a folder so its not completely gone.... I will re upload it eventually but its going to take a serious amount of time.

I can't get over how bad of a business decision this was. If they charged $5 a month or $10 a month for the ability to post images on forums, I would pay it. At $40 a month, they are just holding is hostage. And I won't pay it... just out of principle at this point. Ironically, I was about to upgrade my account a few weeks ago. I'm glad I didn't now.

I don't know if I will go back and replace photos. I have some informative pictures that I will probably update for the community. But this is ridiculous.

Yeah, this one hurt the forum research community pretty hard if you ask me. There definitely should have been a notice and photo's already hosted should have been grandfathered in. Countless hours of peoples time trying to better the online experience wasted.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back