New Voice Changer Option

Jesuit24

Hunter
I've just seen a guy on Youtube reviewing the Boss VE-5 as a voice changer for Kylo Ren and it seems like with some tweaking, it would be a good option for Boba as well. I've never had any success with real time voice changing; there's always been a slight delay in every one I've used which has been enough to render it pointless. This one has potential. A bit pricey and you need an XLR microphone (still wondering if an XLR adapter would work), but the sheer amount of options this thing has means you could use it for any costume.

It's nice, and I can definitely see it work well for Kylo, but for Fett, there's no shame in the $30 aker amp and rasping your voice to save a few bucks :)

I just can't keep the rasp up. I'll do it for five minutes at the start of a con and then completely forget for the rest of it so all you hear is my amicable geordie voice which is probably the farthest sounding voice from Fett.

The jetpack might be awkward as the voice will not only echo in the jetpack but also come from behind you.

I used to have the voice synth app setup and amp in my side pouches but I realized people thought it was weird having my sound come from the hip, and they couldn’t understand me.

I’ve now moved it to my front thigh pockets and it’s much better. If there is a way to have the sound move forward toward people you are speaking with, while keeping everything concealed, I could see it working.

The jetpack might be awkward as the voice will not only echo in the jetpack but also come from behind you.

I used to have the voice synth app setup and amp in my side pouches but I realized people thought it was weird having my sound come from the hip, and they couldn’t understand me.

I’ve now moved it to my front thigh pockets and it’s much better. If there is a way to have the sound move forward toward people you are speaking with, while keeping everything concealed, I could see it working.
oh i thought you meant the voice changer and not the speaker. Yeah the speaker I was planning on having it on the thigh pouch. I have used scrap pieces of ABS plastic and have made a box to house the Anker speaker. It's hidden and you cant tell its there but its awkwardly heavy.

How are you connecting the unit from the jetpack to the thigh pouch? Just run a cable around the inside of your flight suit?

You then have to run an XLR mic to your jetpack...hmmm. I’ve got a cheap wireless setup which is so nice not to worry about cables.

Last edited:
How are you connecting the unit from the jetpack to the thigh pouch? Just run a cable around the inside of your flight suit?

You then have to run an XLR mic to your jetpack...hmmm
yeah just run everything through the flightsuit. No wires exposed. But idk haven't bought the thing. We shall see. If not I'll just stick with the anker and voice chnager app.

You then have to run an XLR mic to your jetpack...hmmm. I’ve got a cheap wireless setup which is so nice not to worry about cables.

What wireless setup do you run?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D...r+wireless&dpPl=1&dpID=51bEYLq2SuL&ref=plSrch

Is what I ended up buying. The Mic comes off from the headband and I just velcrod the mic into my helmet. The amp is a little bigger so I stick inside of my hip pouches. Though, 60$ wasn't exactly cheap I guess.

Last edited:
I've got a Memorex wireless transmitter and receiver which plugs into the Aker mic in my helmet. It's a bit bulky but it works well.

I've just bought a VE-5 off ebay so I'll have a play around with it when it comes and see what I can manage.

I've got a Memorex wireless transmitter and receiver which plugs into the Aker mic in my helmet. It's a bit bulky but it works well.

I've just bought a VE-5 off ebay so I'll have a play around with it when it comes and see what I can manage.
V

Very interested in your experience, as it looks quite nice

What wireless setup do you run?

https://www.amazon.com/Amplifier-Mi...1516558884&sr=1-6&keywords=microphone+and+amp

Is what I ended up buying. The Mic comes off from the headband and I just velcrod the mic into my helmet. The amp is a little bigger so I stick inside of my hip pouches. Though, 60$ wasn't exactly cheap I guess.
Not to seem dense, but you have the mic in your helmet and the speaker in the hip pouch and don't have to run any wires? Cause that's what I'm looking for....

Not to seem dense, but you have the mic in your helmet and the speaker in the hip pouch and don't have to run any wires? Cause that's what I'm looking for....

Yeah pretty much, the only issue that I have with it...is that it’s kind of sensitive...so don’t have the MIC right in your face. I usually put mine right where my helmet ends.

EDIT
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01D...r+wireless&dpPl=1&dpID=51bEYLq2SuL&ref=plSrch

Is the one I have, not the one originally posted. Which I edited out

Last edited:
This is the exact setup I use. I have my Aker in my jetpack, being a Jango, I have no pouches. It’s plenty loud and the echo from the jetpack gives it a cool effect.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back