New Member - Joshaweh

joshaweh

New Hunter
Hey ladies and gents!

My name is Josh, and I am new to the costuming and more specifically the Boba Fett world. I am a filmmaker from Michigan, and love everything there is to love about SW and everything related. Though I do have a good amount of experience with design, application, paints, etc. I SHOULD be able to churn out some okay stuff (with some help from the awesome community). I started this journey in 2014 with some white armor (stormy), and other various costumes, but most recently starting a new costume.

Not sure what else to say here, but feel free to PM and ask me anything you need :)

Thanks for having me,

Last edited:
Joined here about 3 years ago, and had to unfortunately restart this project a couple times. Now that I am getting back into it, I could use some help being pointed in the right direction.

I'll be moving forward with my Boba, and wondering what to start with. I love the idea of buying some used stuff here and there, and absolutely wouldn't mind buying a complete getup. Regardless, I will end up customizing forever, as I know I'll keep this costume until I die.

Thoughts on the best place to start?

Last edited:
Do what I should have done. Order the stuff that takes the longest to make first. Flightsuit and soft parts take some time to make, up to two months or longer. That way they are being made while you focus on acquiring other pieces.

Choose which glove vendor you're wanting to go with and squeeze into a run, as they are usually small lists and tend to fill up fast.

Also, MoW boots are pretty much the only game in town for good boots, and Christian is likely doing his last run right now, so you might want to see about a set before the run closes.

A lot of the other things are usually ongoing runs that can be acquired as budget allows. Just be prepared that you might have to wait awhile for some specific vendors if you're dead set on particular pieces.

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the soft parts, guys! Great advice. Gonna try and hop on the MOW boot order, and start piecing together from there. Anywhere else you'd recommend looking at softies?

Nice, man. Will be cool to have another Fett in the area. Would love to see pics or something of your progress!

Our Garrison has a handful of Fetts. But only one ESB actively trooping. My progress pictures are on the Fett Costume thread. Look up TRBs Short BH.

Welcome Josh !! Take your time and Enjoy the Journey !! There's a lot of build threads on the site that can help out with all aspects of your build, and if you can't figure out something, there's plenty of helpful, knowledgeable, talented folks on the site that can help out !!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back