My ROTJ Boba Fett build

Swiftcloud

Hunter
Just prior to approval:
08F5B3B6-015A-4FD5-98B3-3C26968B9BAC.jpeg
Hello!
I am a newbie here, and have been building Boba Fett ROTJ version. Started out just intending to build it for Halloween/comicon use. But turned into a persuit to get an approvable outfit. Here is a link to my build process story with plenty of pics. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Building Boba Fett

latest pic was at a troop in December:

Attachments

• 98BCC6D2-1112-4C88-8957-D2A12B376379.jpeg
    98BCC6D2-1112-4C88-8957-D2A12B376379.jpeg
    625.3 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Looks really good! I'm at he beginning of my build. I'm curious why you didn't put any yellow paint around the silver battle damage like it shows in the 501's Ctrl reference pictures? Did you get your approval BTW?

Cheers

Hello CanaFett!
That was an older photo. A work-in-progress pic from before my completed outfit. Since that photo I have remade a new set of armor as well as many other fixes, replacements and upgrades. The yellow paint was on the armor, just not pronounced enough. Which I have made sure to emphasize on the new pieces. (Great catch, btw!) And yes, I finally got approved! Yay!!!
Click the link to my blog and you will see the changes that I had to make. Scroll to the end page and you will see the most recent work prior to my approval, and even some changes made afterward.
Good luck with your build. If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. :)

Attachments

• AB9AF243-CFAF-475E-A5B9-2D7F392FD48E.jpeg
    AB9AF243-CFAF-475E-A5B9-2D7F392FD48E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 421
Ahh, understood Swiftcloud. The new edition looks spot on!
I also started just planning to do a “close” to real Boba, but now I’m redoing older pieces to make them screen perfect. It’s a rabbit hole for sure. I’ll definitely hit you up with questions.
Thanks

Hello,
My build is progressing slowly. My biggest issue so far is the back armour. It just doesn’t seem to fit right. I’m having a hard time finding any good pictures to compare. It seems to me that the space between my shoulder and the armour is too great. Any advice??

If you are making your back armor from scratch, it can be a bit of a task. The trick is to get the general shape to match the original costume but you will need to make slight adjustments to fit you properly. I went through a process of shaping and molding several times before I ended up with a final product. But, you will need to consider which type of jetpack harness you will be using. If you go with the screen used metal frame type, you will need to make sure to leave room for it to fit under the back plate. I placed my back plate on a large couch pillow with the inside facing upward. Then heated it with the heat-gun enough to where I could gently push the harness into the inside of it. This allowed it to kind of mold around the harness slightly while pushing the outer edges forward so they can still reach my shoulders and side flanks.
It also helps to have a friend help mold it to you while wearing the harness. Just don’t mold it too deeply as to warp or stretch the back plate out of shape. It should only need a slight amount of space if done correctly.
My picture shows a side view of the back plate, which still needed to be molded forward to better reach my shoulders. I heated the top part and rolled it forward more which made for a better fit. I’ll try to find a new pic showing the better fit. But you get the idea I’m sure.

Attachments

• 40F75DAA-2BFE-421D-94CF-5805A7F775AA.jpeg
    40F75DAA-2BFE-421D-94CF-5805A7F775AA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 479
Last edited:
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0034.JPG

If you are making your back armor from scratch, it can be a bit of a task. The trick is to get the general shape to match the original costume but you will need to make slight adjustments to fit you properly. I went through a process of shaping and molding several times before I ended up with a final product. But, you will need to consider which type of jetpack harness you will be using. If you go with the screen used metal frame type, you will need to make sure to leave room for it to fit under the back plate. I placed my back plate on a large couch pillow with the inside facing upward. Then heated it with the heat-gun enough to where I could gently push the harness into the inside of it. This allowed it to kind of mold around the harness slightly while pushing the outer edges forward so they can still reach my shoulders and side flanks.
It also helps to have a friend help mold it to you while wearing the harness. Just don’t mold it too deeply as to warp or stretch the back plate out of shape. It should only need a slight amount of space if done correctly.
My picture shows a side view of the back plate, which still needed to be molded forward to better reach my shoulders. I heated the top part and rolled it forward more which made for a better fit. I’ll try to find a new pic showing the better fit. But you get the idea I’m sure.
Thanks, that helps. I did try to angle from the jet pack strap holes to the edge to try and make it a better fit at the shoulders. This is my second go at it. The first time I tried to shape it a bit too much and ruined it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back