Other Bounty Hunter McQuarrie Concept Fett V2.

Done! :D (Credit for the original models of the respirators goes to RafalFett)

e7025cd5fa1eabd76a3624c5f6ba097f.jpg

Sent from a potato.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well well well... look who's back!
Been a while but I was working on this thing and I could say that sanding and filling is done! (Excpet for the triangle on the front I need to fill it back and sand it)

73bd7d30d330b5efd2109760ffd341b0.jpg

Sent from a potato.

Finished all the filling and sanding finally!

d5db065fdbf8b5310ec0ce618ddcb3ab.jpg

Now the only problem is that I don't have money for silicone to make the new mold so I dont know when I'll be able to proceed but besides this issue I'm pretty happy with what I have now :D

Sent from a potato.

Ladies and gentlemen! Let me introduce you... the first final cast:

01a41c4e0fb7d82fa1dcb2f7cc390d76.jpg

I'm going to assemble the first one this weekend probably but thats going to be a blue milk run, the hardest part of the job is done!

Sent from a potato.

I painted the helmet and like 2 minutes later the paint like... cracked o_O
The surface was cleaned properly no dust or anything. The only thing I can think of is that the helmet was charged with static electricity or something but I've never experienced this before so please anyone can explain this? ( I used a basic glossy white dpraypaint from rustoleum if that helps with anything)

03713fc471458f29f14b540588b9a5da.jpg

Sent from a potato.

Did you prime it? I've had that happen. It's also happened when I've applied costs too heavy or too soon after another. Light , even coats would be the best route. And rustoleum isn't fantastic in my opinion, but with good preparation and primer it can work.

Sent from my LG-H900

Did you prime it? I've had that happen. It's also happened when I've applied costs too heavy or too soon after another. Light , even coats would be the best route. And rustoleum isn't fantastic in my opinion, but with good preparation and primer it can work.

Sent from my LG-H900

I see. It was a second layer of the same paint so Im guessing on maybe I didn't let it set for long enough (2,5-3 hours which is usually enough ) I don't know these brands that they have in the US i just went and picked up something from homedepot. Well Im guess it's sanding time... again -.-

Sent from a potato.

A few hours is usually fine. But like I said rustoleum is tricky. Make sure you sand it down to a higher grit. Maybe even up to 800. And then prime it thoroughly With light even coats. THEN try some of the white paint :)

Sent from my LG-H900

Do not mix Enamel with non-enamel Rustoleum paints. That's exactly what looks like happened.

I like the 2x Works with Plastic version of this brand. Do a white or gray primer (2x) and topcoat with the white gloss (2x).

Do all your gloss layers within an hour or so then don't touch it for at least 24 hours. Let it cure fully (up to 2 weeks) before doing anything else to it. Gloss will contain some additives that let it fill in better to achieve gloss finish and will take a lot longer than flat to cure fully.

As far as getting that off, you'll need to go to bare material. Any additional layers will give you the same result. Use Easy-Off oven cleaner to remove it easy. Wash, scuff, wash again. Hit with rubbing alcohol and let dry a bit and you should be ready to prime once more.

Do not mix Enamel with non-enamel Rustoleum paints. That's exactly what looks like happened.

I like the 2x Works with Plastic version of this brand. Do a white or gray primer (2x) and topcoat with the white gloss (2x).

Do all your gloss layers within an hour or so then don't touch it for at least 24 hours. Let it cure fully (up to 2 weeks) before doing anything else to it. Gloss will contain some additives that let it fill in better to achieve gloss finish and will take a lot longer than flat to cure fully.

As far as getting that off, you'll need to go to bare material. Any additional layers will give you the same result. Use Easy-Off oven cleaner to remove it easy. Wash, scuff, wash again. Hit with rubbing alcohol and let dry a bit and you should be ready to prime once more.

Wow! Thanks for tip! But what I still dont understand is that I primed it then painted one layer on with the white and it was nice and glossy everywhere then I added a second layer and then the accident happened. :S For removing I'm just going to sand of all the paint with a sanding block, sponge or whatever It's called in english it works fast enough I tried it on a spot.

Sent from a potato.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure without seeing exactly what you did. If you follow the recipe above, you'll have great results:

IMG_20170524_074920682_zpshgie2dij.jpgt

You can always hit it with 0000 steel wool and put a gloss top coat on it as well if you have any bumps or the like.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back