Mandalorian Rangefinder Kit

tazdevilal

New Hunter
Hi all just a quick post to show my Mandalorian rangefinder.
I have created it so that it is in a Kit form that alolows for electronics to be used to light up the rangefinder at the top of the stock.
The entire kit if molded from an original Pepakura file of which i am using to create my first ever bucket.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Hopefully you can see in the pic (sorry using phone to post at moment) but the main stock has a hollow metal rod in it which allows wire to go the full length of the stock. The main upper part is hollowed out which has enough space to put small circuits into and this is then sealed with a top piece to enclose and hide all the inner workings.

More pics to follow and if i can get it to do it i am going to be adding a video showing my first prototype opetrating.

I've assembled one of the kits and although it's not entirely movie accurate when it flashes I've managed to make it work pretty good and it's the first step in my own Mandalorian outfit.

Please comment etc and let me know if anyone is interested in these so I know if it's worth going ahead making kits. (minus the electronics in the main rangefinder)
Thanks for looking
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the mold will need to be looked at a bit. Unfortunately there was a couple of bubbles in the silicone that i tried to patch up and it makes the molds a little rough looking. I would be looking to sand and properly prepare any molds i sold if i ever do. I amy also have to slighlty redo the longer ear a bit as it seems a little short when i compare it to my helmet that im building. The inner rangefinder top though is coming out not to shabby with the mold lines so im happy with that bit of the design.
The original prototype had me wrapping the wire to a solid metal ar and then encasing it in the stock but i have since found a hollow rod that is small enough to be encased in the resin and also allow the wires to slip though.
As i sort of hinted at this is just me starting out so any feed back is appreciated.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back